Chapter 34- Jell-O

"Then why were you in his room?" -Grayson Hawthorne

---

We were back at Hawthorne house. I condemned myself to my room the whole entire day. I didn't want to end up dying because I went out to get some water so I stayed put.

Avery snapped at Alisa earlier, now she's somewhere checking out an armory. I couldn't help feeling like everything was my fault. Harper threatened a fire, I knew she wouldn't be able to just walk away defeated. She most likely came back and tried to shoot us. 

I was laying on my bed, my eyes on the roof. Orion was somewhere making noise and scratching a pillow on the ground. I couldn't be bothered to tell him to stop. Libby still doesn't know what happened last night. Avery and I haven't been able to tell her. 

I sighed, I didn't like that I was just laying around while my injured sister was out and about, looking for clues. 

Grayson has been avoiding me all day, he refused to meet my eyes and when he did, the tip of his ears would turn a light pink. I was confused and strangely hurt. I would naturally approach him and tease him about avoiding me but somehow I couldn't. I was nervous to even be beside him after last night.

Maybe a part of me believed that Grayson was cursed.

That was nonsense. I shook my head and sat up, I wanted a bubble bath.

I walked over to my dog and picked up the pillow, "This is not a chew toy." I scolded before handing him one of his rubber bones that mysteriously appeared out of no where one day, I suspect that Alisa gave it. "I'm going to take a bath, behave." I tossed the pillow onto the bed. Orion dropped the bone and started running after it, thinking we were playing fetch. 

"No, no, no." I groaned and hurried after him, I got to the pillow first and held it up above my head. "Go back to the bone." I told him but he was jumping on my leg, trying to get the stupid pillow. "No, pillow bad, bone good." I tried shortening my sentence but he just barked. 

I bit the inside of my cheek before giving in to him, "Okay, but this is the last time." I was lying to myself, I knew it would keep happening over and over again because I just can't resist my baby. 

I walked over to my bedroom door and opened it ever so slightly, "Hey Mike, I'm just going to take a bath so don't be surprised if I'm not on my bed." I informed him, he nodded and I shut the door. 

The sun was setting outside and I could feel the rays hit my cheek as I walked into my closet. I still wasn't fully used to the idea of me owning all this. I took a deep breath and snapped out of my thoughts when I heard scraping on the ground, I turned to see Orion following me while dragging the pillow along. "Hi sweetie." my voice was high-pitched.