Chapter 27- Gumball

"Get your head out of your ass and humble yourself

"Get your head out of your ass and humble yourself." -Alisa Ortega
(reference hide and seek: 50 shades of grey)

---

Grayson was walking me back to my room, neither of us spoke. The silence wasn't awkward, it was actually comfortable. I tried not to look at him so much so he wouldn't see how puffy my eyes were. My phone was back in my pocket while he carried my backpack.

I glanced back discreetly but Mike wasn't there, strangely, his presence wasn't either.

I frowned before looking back at the ground I was walking on. "What do you have in here?" Grayson asked, shaking my bag lightly. "Rocks." I answered, not really wanting to talk. Grayson lets out a quiet, "Hmm." as a response.

We turned the corner to my room, Mike was there standing by my door. Did he seriously trust Grayson to walk me back to my room without maiming me? Maybe he did, but then again, so did I.

I trusted Grayson Hawthorne? I nearly stopped walking in shock of my own conclusion. I do trust Grayson Hawthorne. We're teammates now so it was inevitable anyway.

"Here we are." he said, standing idly by my door. Mike was there with a ghost of a smile on his face, "Thanks." I smiled kindly at Grayson as he handed my bag to Mike. "For helping me earlier and walking me here." I continued.

The man just shrugged, "It's nothing, really." he said, there was a light pink tint on the tip of his ears and cheeks. I just nodded as a response and opened the door, I almost shut it completely before remembering something.

"Grayson." I called after the man who had started to walk away, "How did you know what to do?" I asked, he tilted his head as if he couldn't believe I was asking him. "Instinct." he answered all mysterious like before resuming his walking.

I frowned but shut the door anyway. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I took it out to see a notification. It came from an unknown number. Weird.

Unknown: I googled it after the will reading.

That's an unusual first message.

Me: who is this?
Unknown: Grayson.

Grayson? Wow, he typed like an old person. I kind of expected it. I opened my contacts to add his number, I placed it under the name 'Gray50n'.

Me: i dont know a grayson sorry
Gray50n: It doesn't hurt to use proper punctuation.
Me: whatever
Me: what do you mean googled?

I kicked my shoes off and walked to my closet. I'll shower first before talking to Alisa. I always felt so gross after an attack.

Gray50n: I googled what to do if a person has a panic attack.
Me: maybe you should google deez next