Chapter 38- Tiramisu

"So you're admitting it?" -Lorelai Grambs(reference hide and seek: X/Pearl)

(reference hide and seek: X/Pearl)

---

"Lorelai." Grayson breathed into my hair, I tilted my head to the side as he littered my neck with tiny, soft kisses. I couldn't believe this was happening right now, we had just snuck out in the middle of a charity event we were supposed to be hosting.

He placed his hands under my arms and lifted me up as if I weighed nothing, he pushed me gently against the wall and I made noise in the back of my throat, "Stay quiet." he whispered before putting his lips back up against mine. I was melting into it, I tried to pull him closer to me but we've already managed to erase all distance between us.

I wrapped my legs around his torso while he kept an arm around my waist for support. I pulled his head backwards by lightly tugging at his hair, I trailed kisses down on his jaw before landing on a spot just underneath it. I sucked lightly, causing him to let out a low groan. I reveled in my achievement, Grayson made that sound because of me.

His hand slid under my dress and gave my thighs a light squeeze, I wanted it, I wanted him. I went back to his lips but Gray was no longer as gentle as he was before. His kiss was bruising, like he needed it to live.

He placed his free hand behind my head so I don't hit it against the wall accidentally, he was caring and rough at the same time that I didn't know what I should feel. My dress bunched up around my hips from all the pressure he was pushing against me. My body was hot and my shoulders were turning a light shade of pink.

"Please." I whispered out, I think that broke him because suddenly I was being shook. I looked around in confusion, what was happening? I felt it again. Suddenly my surroundings became foggy and Grayson was disappearing, "No." I panicked and reached out for him, but when I did, I ended up sitting on my bed.

"Finally, you're awake." Libby hopped onto my mattress and scrolled through her phone. It took me a second to realize that it was just a dream, but it felt so real. I lifted a hand to my lips and traced them with my fingers, it tingled. "What did you wake me up for?" I asked her.

Libby rolled over to her side, "Grayson." she giggled like a middle school girl. My cheeks heat up slightly, "What about him?" I was caught off-guard by her mentioning his name. "Avery made me promise not to tell, and I've been complying for the most part." she tossed her hair to the side, I looked down at her beside me. "Tell me what?" I asked her.

"That she found you cuddling with Grayson." she answered. I had completely forgotten about that, "Are you sure she saw that?" I asked, hoping that she won't pry into it. "She said she saw it with Jameson." Libby replied and bumped my shoulder, "Look at you girls, matching with the Hawthorne boys like Tobias planned for his house to become a real life Tinder." she teased.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Right, of course." I answered sarcastically, "Because Tobias was smart enough to arrange that you and Nash would end up together." I teased. Libby tossed a throw pillow my way, her cheeks were pink. "We're just friends." she clarified. "I never said you were anything other than that." I watched Libby pout while her shoulders sagged.

"But you said we'd end up together." she stated. "Yeah, as friends." I winked at Libby and dodged the second pillow she threw my way. "Whatever." she huffed, her blue hair was all over the place despite her attempts at a messy bun. "I'm not here to talk about Nash, I'm here to talk about Grayson." she shifted to lay on her stomach.

I tried not to show much emotion when she said his name, the dream still semi-fresh in my mind. "Go away." I struggled to push her off the bed, "I'm trying to sleep." I was avoiding the topic. "Fine, I'll go bother someone else." she stuck a tongue out at me before heading to Avery's room through the door that connected to it. "You do that!" I shouted after her.

---

The three of us were in a room that Mike called the parlor. I was laying horizontally on a love seat, my legs hung off the right armrest. Me and my sisters were all just wearing pajamas, we needed a day of rest. 

"Seriously, I remember him leaving the room." we were talking about the night we both got shot at. Avery had told Libby what had happened yesterday while I was at school and our older sister made it her business to be an extra bodyguard. The both of them wouldn't explain how or what happened to lead Ave into telling Libby, they were keeping it from me and I, surprisingly, didn't care at all. I was just glad the three of us had a chance to hang out again.

Libby was seated by the entrance of the room while Avery laid on the rug. We were all on different sides but the place was quiet enough that we could talk with a low voice and still hear each other. 

Avery groaned, "I swear, all we did was talk." she defended, I was just telling Libby about Jameson, I made sure not to mention anything about me and Grayson hugging. I wanted that memory all to myself.

"There's a fine line between talking and kissing." Libby spoke with a philosophical voice. I laughed and hugged a pillow closer to my chest. "Does it even matter if we did kiss?" she started rubbing her arms up and down against the fluffy rug. "So you're admitting it?" I teased her. She audibly sighed, "No." she kept on denying. 

"No this, no that. Avery, you're starting to sound like a sensible adult." Libby made it sound like it was the worst thing in the world. "Maybe because I am." she was making a rug angel. "Right, of course." I replied just to humor her. 

My sister opened her mouth to speak but the sound of heels clacking against marble echoed into the parlor. We all sat up alert, who could it be? 

We exchanged glances and shared the same frown. Libby stood up to barricade the entrance by using her body. "Why couldn't you do the one thing I needed most?" it was Skye, she was mad. I was wary of the woman, after the sex scandal thing, I knew Skye wasn't a very pure person. "Listen, I paid you to do something and you very much know that I am lacking in funds." her voice was coming closer. 

"Excuse me." her voice changed, it turned disgustingly soft and sweet. I was confused, it seemed like someone moved out of the way. 

I shifted so my legs weren't on the armrest anymore, "No!" she exclaimed suddenly, "I will not accept a life I do not deserve." her voice was low, menacing. I figured she was on a call since every time she spoke, nobody replied. "Fine, I'll do it myself." she turned the corner to enter the parlor and almost ran into Libby. 

"What are you doing here?" she looked disgusted before glancing behind my sister, her expression changed once she realized Mike and Oren were also present. "Girls!" she smiled at us, it felt fake. "How have you three been?" 

We all stayed silent, the air was tense. "Okay then." she took a sharp inhale and turned around, "Wait, Skye." I called her attention right before she could leave, "Yes?" she forced the word through her teeth. I couldn't resist pissing her off, I knew it'd just lead to some bad consequence but I wanted to become one of those 'live in the moment' people.

"Can you not wear such loud shoes in my house please?" I asked her with the nicest voice I could offer, Libby snorted a little before disguising it as a cough. "Of course." Skye's smile was no longer visible. 

When she was out of view, Avery held her middle finger up to the wall Skye was most likely behind. 

Libby and I both silently giggled at our sister.

***
small filler chapter just bc 

ALSO IM GOING TO THE ERAS TSWIFT TOUR !! i have to fly to the states since i dont live there but id do anything for taylor so its fine