Chapter 7- Scones

"You fainted at the will reading

"You fainted at the will reading." -Mrs. Laughlin

---

I woke up with a tongue licking my face, "Don't lick me, that's messed up." I opened my eyes only to be greeted by my black shih-tzu, Orion. I let out an excited noise and took him into my arms immediately.

I cupped his face and kissed him repeatedly, "When did you get here?" I asked as I smiled at him. He looked as if he was focusing on two things at once, but it was really just his eyes. One stared straight and the one on his left, slightly faced the wrong way. I love him and I missed him.

"Did Libby bring you? Was she nice?" I asked but he didn't reply, just wagged his tail and panted happily.

I squeezed him close to me and kissed him once more, "I really, really missed you." I smiled into his fur. I let him go and kissed the top of his curly head before he ran around the room to explore. He was the strangest dog but I loved him. His head was a mountain of curls but the hair on his body remained straight.

I watched him run around in excitement for a while before deciding that it was time to get up. That was such a great sleep, I still remember my dream, I was a florist and gave people one rose each. I got out my bed and tied my hair up at the nape of my neck, I then went into my bathroom to wash my face and wrapped a robe around myself. Orion followed as I walked to the door and greeted Mike a short good morning.

"George says you went out last night because of a headache." he said to me. "I did." I answered shortly, not really wanting to talk. I walked back down the familiar way to the kitchen. I'm trying my best not to gawk at the wallpaper and everything as we walk, but it's quite literally impossible when you live in a mansion and have small beige roses on your wall.

"Oh by the way, where's Libby?" I asked as I opened the door, only to be greeted with the comforting smell of baked goods, I could get used to this. "Libby?" I said into the kitchen.

I heard an unfamiliar voice reply with a short "No." I recognized the woman as Mrs. Laughlin from the reading of the will. I approached her while she kneaded some dough, "Hello Mrs. Laughlin." I greeted with a smile. She looked up when I leaned against the counter and she returned my smile, "Good morning." she stared at me for a while longer and I let her. "You're the one with the blue eyes." Mrs. Laughlin said, stating the obvious. "You fainted at the will reading." she continued.

I smiled at her and nodded, "That's me." I meant to ask her if she needed help, but she cut me off. "Are you alright now dear? Do you need anything? A water perhaps?" I chuckled quietly and shook my head no, "Thank you, but all I want is a coffee and to know if you need any help." I answered.

A maid walked into the kitchen and Mrs. Laughlin ordered her to ask the chefs to make me the best coffee, "I like my coffee white!" I yelled after her and she nodded. "Where are the chefs?" I asked Mrs. Laughlin and she smiled at me. "In the other kitchen, the one that's used for cooking meals. This kitchen is just for the house residents to use, your sisters and you could cook here." she explained as her hands continued kneading the dough. "Do you need help? I have time." I told her and she nodded. "Wash your hands first." I followed her order and washed my hands.

After helping her for approximately 10 minutes, my coffee arrived but I left it untouched at the other end of the counter. We spoke awkwardly, I don't think she fully trusted me but I continued kneading my respective dough anyway. After asking, I found out we were making sour dough bread. "I've never tasted sour dough bread." I told her and her eyes immediately widened. She went away for a few minutes without saying anything. I continued my task, unsure if she was even going to return.

"Taste some." she held a loaf of what I presume was sour dough bread when she came back. I took my flour covered hands and tore a piece off before putting it in my mouth. I chewed and fell in love with the taste of the bread. "This is really good, you made this?" I asked surprised. "Yes I di--" she was cut off by Mike.

"Ms. Grambs, you need to finish your coffee and get ready. Alisa and your sisters need to speak with you." I felt like a little kid in trouble again but I wasn't that interested in what they wanted to say. I sent Mrs. Laughlin a smile, one she didn't bother to return, before washing my hands and taking my coffee to my room.

I opened my bedroom door to see Orion looking out the balcony doors. "What is it?" I asked and crouched down to his level. I stared for a few minutes and saw a sudden flash from a distance, beside me Orion barked. "Probably just a trick of the eye." I told him while patting his curly head. I sipped the coffee, now cold, in my hand and continued watching. Another flash. "What the fuck?"

I brushed it off once more and finished my coffee half way. I waved jokingly at the pretend cameras and pushed the curtains to the side to let in more sunlight, multiple flashes suddenly appeared from a distance. "Paparazzi?" I asked stupidly, knowing Alisa and the lawyers said they're keeping the situation hush hush. I finished my coffee and stood up. When I did, the flashes doubled, tripled. "Mike!" I yelled for him, closing the curtains immediately back into place with Orion next to me. Mike burst into the room, hand on his gun holster. "I thought they weren't going to tell the public about me and Avery's situation yet?" I said with a confused expression.

"They didn't" he answered and I suddenly grew more interested in the meeting I had with my sisters and Alisa.

I walked out my room, confused, as I followed Mike to where the three of them were. He opened the door and I entered, "Who told paparazzi?" I asked and Libby began crying. I looked at her and saw the black eye, I rushed to her side immediately. Embracing my eldest sister, I looked at my twin. We shared a look, confirming my suspicion. She told Drake why she left, they broke up, he hit her. It wasn't that hard to connect the dots that it was him who told the paparazzi.

I stood and kissed the top of Libby's head. "I am absolutely going to kill that motherfucker."

———
happy valentines day!! anyways ben singing did i mention for mal is now my new standard for love.. like if u dont win in whatever sport he plays and then ask the crowd to spell my name before singing about how much u like me, i dont want it. an amt went on my screen and i killed it.. it smells sweet asf wth?? I LOVE YOU ok bye