Chapter 40- Macaroons

"You aren't, don't worry

"You aren't, don't worry." -Avery Grambs
(reference hide n seek:
Confessions of a Shopaholic, and Hocus Pocus)

---

"What's wrong?" I asked Grayson while we walked, ever since we got back to his room last night he was quiet. He hid in his office with the blanket we shared still wrapped around his shoulders. I was left by myself so I decided to go back to my room early. I thought he was just tired but now, he was acting strange. Well, stranger than usual.

He shrugged as a reply and turned a corner into the dining room. I should be the one acting like that. I was the one that had a dirty dream about him. Unless... he had a dream about me too. I smiled a bit to myself for thinking of something so foolish. I hurried to catch up with his long strides.

"Are you sure?" I asked him for more clarification, he just nodded, "I'm fine, Lorelai." he answered. I looked away from him, I knew when I wasn't wanted around. I searched for my sisters in the dining room, I spotted Libby talking silently with Nan. I hurried over to them, I didn't want to inconvenience Grayson any more.

"No, no, I said marmalade." Nan scolded, pushing away a plate of toast. A butler hurried to take it away from her, another one replaced it immediately with a different plate. She looked pleased while picking her fork up. "Want me to do that for you?" Libby asked sweetly when the older woman began slicing. Nan waved a hand in the air, "I can do it myself." she said.

Libby had a soft spot for older people, she said it's because she wanted to relieve them of responsibility after having lived more than 50 years. "Alright." Libby replied. I waved at my sister and took a seat beside her. "Hi." I greeted, "Good morning." I directed it to Nan. She only sent a quick look my way, "Yes, it is." she replied, avoiding eye contact.

"You're going to school today?" Libby asked me, eyeing my uniform. I nodded and glanced to my left to try and see what Grayson was doing, "I am." I replied, turning back to my sister. Grayson was nowhere to be found. "Is Ave going too?" she asked, I was just about to answer when the chair closest to us made a loud screeching noise, we both went to check who it was.

Thea. In her school uniform as well, "Good morning." she smiled at us. I returned it and resumed the conversation me and my sister were having, "I think she might go." I answered. Libby opened her mouth to speak but Thea decided to go first, "Rory, you're going to school again today?" she asked, looking a bit shocked. I nodded my head while smiling at her awkwardly, "You know, it'd be wise for us to share a car." she suggested, "Helps with the pollution and stuff." she waved her hand around like it was nothing.

I frowned, she acted so nonchalant about the earth dying. "Right." I didn't know what else to say. I turned back to my sister and noticed how her awkward expression mirrored mine.

---

Thea, Avery, Xander, and I all sat in the car in silence. The two backseats were facing each other, forcing me to look at people. Xander was fast asleep beside Thea, his head bouncing against the window every time the car hit a bump on the road. Avery leaned forward to take the pillow out from behind her, she lifted Xander's head gently before placing the pillow between him and the glass. "How sweet." Thea commented, throwing her long hair behind her.