Chapter 21- Candy Apples

"Selling girl scout cookies

"Selling girl scout cookies." -Lorelai Grambs

---

I was sitting on my bed with open files all around me. I was studying the businesses I now owned, it was making my head hurt. I had managed to memorize all the heads of the departments of different corporations, I even studied the expenses that were being made. 

I knew what items the departments usually buy, I also knew a few of the employees. 

Libby was somewhere in the house, we finished our game of tag a few hours ago. Avery was back home and I planned to tell her about my schedule tomorrow. I had Alisa make me one since I wanted to visit the offices and get myself acquainted with everyone. 

My brain was fried from studying so much. There was one unopened file that lay beside my sleeping dog. It was the one with names, positions, and phone numbers of the people who worked to make the article about me and Grayson.

I bit the nail on my thumb as I contemplated actually calling the work place and asking them who set the interview with Grayson. I didn't completely believe it was entirely his fault anymore. We were both affected by the matter, me more than him, but still.

Orion, my dog, breathed in and out slowly. I watched him for a few minutes while thinking of a plan. I grabbed the file off my bed and opened it. 

I skimmed through the list of positions to find an important person. 'Assistant Manager', bingo. Her name was Kimberly Ewett, I took my phone out to do some quick research on her. I opened Instagram and typed her name into the search bar. 

I bit the skin of my lips in nervousness, a few accounts popped up. I pressed the one on top. The account was private, something told me it was the Kimberly I was looking for. 

A moment of weakness hit as I proceeded to make a fake account. I looked at the file again and found some man named David Hender. I named the account after him and used a picture of coffee as the profile. 

When everything was set, I looked up some names on the file and followed them. Some followed me back. 

I took a deep breathe as I typed in Kimberly's name. I found the account again and gave it a request. It got accepted almost immediately. I let out a sigh of relief and got to researching. 

Kimberly had a daughter around my age, I looked around and saw pictures of her in an office. One of her posts was with a man, I checked the tag and noticed it was David. The same David I was pretending to be. I scrolled past it and landed on a video.