Chapter 1: A new beginning

I DO NOT OWN DC OR PJO - :)

Quick Info:

Percy:20; the war still happened a couple months prior.

Tim Drake:20; Still where we are in the timeline canonically aside from the fact that Wally isn't dead because Wally supremacy.

—————————-Percy's POV:—————————-

"Gods damn it's freezing" I groaned as I shoved my hands into my pockets. My breath appeared in front of me in another plume. The cold licked at the skin on my neck making me shiver.

Currently it was winter in Gotham city, and to say I was freezing was an understatement.

Now you may be asking, " Percy Jackson, why are you in Gotham city in the middle of winter?" Well I'll tell you random voice.

I've been here for a couple months now, I had moved away from New York in hopes of getting away from the Godly world for a bit. The seven had fully supported my decision and I'd be lying if I said I don't miss them. Annabeth was supposed to come with me but she had found a great architectural job in New York and who was I to stop my best friends dreams.

Of course I had moved to Gotham cause the smell of people here kept the monsters away all year round, only issue was the smell also affected the citizens and kept away the only good people who'd be willing to come.

All I had really done here in the past couple of months was getting a job at a small cafe. The perks were that they didn't have a tight uniform policy and the other employees were pretty nice. Plus I managed to seal the deal by persuading them with a cookie recipe.

I sighed as I got stopped at another busy cross walk. I watched as cars flew by, red and white lights leaving a trail in the dark.

The cross walk light turned from a red hand to a blue person and I started my walk across the street. I ran across after a car honked at me and I decided that even the cold wouldn't stop my finger from flicking the driver off.

He honked back louder but I rolled my eyes and walked off into the dark streets, the only light coming from the dim street lights and the occasional car driving by.

So far the city was...well dark and dreary, kinda the thing it's known for.

I took a swift turn as I saw a group of shady looking guys. There was no way I was trying to get robbed tonight. I just wanted to get back to my apartment. I walked faster making sure to keep my senses up for anything that might seem out of place.

Eventually I came upon my apartment building. It was in a nicer area of the city but honestly what wasn't a bad place here?

I ran up the stairs, the warmth of the building seeping into my bones and allowing for me to speed up.

I got up to my hall and made my way to my room. I unlocked the door and walked in.

The house was cozy if I do say so myself. I had pictures everywhere of everyone from back in New York, even one of Annabeth and her family. They were cool people. I had painted the walls a light grey blue, and against my better judgement, Annabeth and Piper had put a bunch of plants everywhere, they said something about keeping me busy. I had a grey couch with blue and sea green pillows. My kitchen I hadn't really touched aside from the mountain of blue cookies that were sitting in a presenting glass. I walked down the small hall to my room, I quickly changed before promptly falling into my bed. I stared up, the light from the street below reflecting the shadow of my window onto my ceiling.

As I sat there I thought about how I couldn't wait for my mom and Paul to have their kid, I'm sure she is gonna be the sweetest thing this planet has to offer. I mean look at her parents! We have my mother, which enough said, and Paul who literally deals with me! She's gonna be the best thing this world has to offer and I vow to protect her from any dangers.