Chapter 21: Lets make some Omelets

long chapter

-----------------Tim's Pov:------------------

The sun was all I noticed at first, seeming to blind me even with my eyes shut. I tried squeezing my eyes shut to keep it out but that didn't work either. I took a deep breath as I started to actually wake up. I noticed that on my side was a heavy weight and was extremely warm. I slowly opened my eyes to an unfamiliar sight. Blue curtains, a small room with the tv still playing the office, and a blanket on the floor. That was when it all started coming back to me that I was at Percy's apartment. 

I looked around only to pause when I looked down at the black haired girl that was leaning against my side, her peaceful face looked serene, her chest lifted and lowered at a steady rate indicating that she was still asleep. Her long hair was sprawled everywhere from her shoulders to her back. My arm was behind her with my hand resting on her side, though I don't remember ever getting in the position. 

I looked down to notice I still had her hoodie on. A small smile found it's way to my lips. This whole situation wasn't really that bad. 

Percy started moving so I quickly looked over, afraid that I had woken her up by accident but I found that her eyes were still shut tight as she seemed to snuggle further into my side. I felt my face warming up slightly as it started to seep in once again that Percy Jackson was currently sleeping next to me. 

I stopped moving entirely, afraid that even the smallest of movements would wake the calm being next to me. I watched as her breathing came out in steady increments. That was when something caught my eye. Her arms were exposed as she had on a short sleeved shirt, though this left my eyes to catch one or two small scars. They looked to be like they came from glass or a cut of some sort but they both looked very old, like she had to have gotten them a long time ago. I looked over at her other arm and found one more scar, this one looked almost like a cigarette burn. It's circular shape was very reminicent of those that I found on kids who had been abused. 

My smile dropped slightly as I realized that Percy might have been through more then I thought, and suddenly the person next to me seemed a whole lot stronger then she previously was. I pulled her in tighter, I never wanted her to have to go through anything like that. Her face cracked a small smile as I did so.This all made me more curious though as to if she had more scars and who could have done these things. 

I looked up at all the photos strewn around the room and noticed that from what looked to be all ages up to 15-16 ish that Percy only took pictures with her mother, and the occasional older man standing off to the side, his appearance is only what I can describe as a greasy drunk, his matted hair that was half heartedly dragged over to the other side of this head in a desperate but not so effective attempt at covering the massive bald area on the top of his head. In these photos that the man was present Percy seemed to look significantly less happy. I noticed that he stopped showing up at age 12. In the pictures leading up to around the 15-16 age mark, I saw that the man stopped showing up entirely, not even appearing in the background of the photos. But after the ages of maybe 15-ish the man who had been seen behind her mother in the baby photo started showing up. His brown hair had white pieces sticking through, his smile seemed kind and patient and in these photos Percy and her mother looked especially happy. They looked picture perfect even.

The pieces started to go into place and I couldn't help but relax slightly knowing that Percy probably had a better father now, at least if the photos have anything to say. 

Percy took a deep breath and I knew almost immediately that she was probably gonna wake up soon, so oh so very carefully I pulled my hand back and placed it on top of the couch. I watched as Percy's eyes fluttered open. She pushed herself up into a sitting position as she rubbed her eyes. She looked around, yawning, before she caught my eye. I smiled and waved slightly, which earned a smile back.