Chapter 10: Hurt

———————————Percy's POV——————————

It's been a couple days since the party and I haven't seen much of Tim aside from our morning coffee. The past two days he hasn't shown up though. I had texted him a couple times and he has yet to respond. I had to admit I was worried. Something just felt off and as a demigod I learned my gut usually was right. So today I planned to try and find Tim's house. I mean it couldn't be that hard right? I know he is a Wayne, how could I not after their last name was only said 10 million times at their party.

I quickly slipped on a jacket and headed outside, ready for my long day.

But first coffee.

I hope Tim will understand.

I walked to the cafe, keeping my hands in my pockets so that they could be as warm as possible. Today I hurried to the cafe instead of my usual slow walk. I made it to the cafe way earlier then I usually do and when I got to the counter I decided to order two coffees, just in case Tim truly was okay.

After the coffees came I decided it wouldn't hurt to ask the barista if she knew where the Wayne manor is. I mean if they were that rich maybe they'd know.

"Hey miss?" I called, hoping she heard me.

"Oh, yes?" she answered, turning around.

"Do you happen to know where the Wayne residence is? I'm looking for my friend"

The woman looked at me almost like she was trying to decide if I was telling the truth or not. After a while of internal deliberation she finally spoke up.

"Yes, everyone in Gotham knows..." She says hesitantly.

"Oh, well do you think you could point me in the direction of it then? You'd be a big help" I used a small bit of my baby seal eyes and it seemed to do the trick as she melted away, a smile appearing on her face.

"Of course, here let me write it down for you" She took a nearby napkin and wrote an address on it. "Don't get lost okay?" She called out as I walked away.

"All right! Thanks!" I waved goodbye (At least as best as I could) as I left the cafe, two coffees in hand.

I looked down to the napkin that was shoved in between the coffee and my hand, loosely limped over to the side so that I could see the address on it. I started making my way down the street, hoping that I was going the right way.

After wandering for about an hour or so I happened upon a mansion, and this place was massive, but also stunning. I looked down at my napkin and nearly had a heart attack when I realized this was the right place. I mean I knew they were rich but gaw dam. I quickly calmed down before buzzing the small buzzer at the gate.

"Hello? Who are you and what purpose do you have for being at the Wayne manor?" An older voice said over the speaker. For some reason just the sound of the persons voice made me feel calm.

"Oh uh I was just wanting to check up on Tim, he hasn't been responding to my texts lately and well... I got him a coffee?" The voice on the other side went quiet. "Oh uh if this is any credibility, I made the cookies for the party as well." My voice was hesitant but I stayed still.

"Ah, Miss Jackson, welcome. Please come in" The gate slowly opened and I hurried in, I decided to make sure to wait for the gate to close before hurrying to the door. I shivered once I got to the door, my jacket wasn't really doing the job and the coffees in my hand were starting to cool down.

I was happily greeted by the sight of an older man, his suit was pristine to say the least. He had a kind smile on his face, and his eyes were comforting somehow.