Chapter 40: Bobo the clown and his evil floating orb

-----------------------Percy pov:-------------------------

Of course I knew a prophecy was coming. One doesn't have a demigod dream just to not expect a prophecy as compensation. Tim didn't need to know though. He didn't need to know about the countless hours I've spent preparing things in secret. Yeah, those weapons I ordered a while back were totally nothing special. 

In truth, I've known since the dream where Tim got crushed, or rather was about to. Ever since then I've been doing everything in my power to try and prevent that. I needed to keep him alive, there was no way I was going to lose Tim. I couldn't do that. I would rather die then let that happen and in all honesty I was way too ready to do that but I knew that wouldn't be the best option so instead I needed another plan. I had already come up with one as well. One that would require crazy amounts of leadership and training but I was all too prepared. 

Tim's eyes opened wide in shock as he set down his bowl. "Did they tell you what it was?" His voice was hesitant but still determined. I nodded as I looked down to the phone. There was no message about a prophecy. Instead I had seen it while I was asleep. 

"When- " I paused as I remembered the prophecy. I couldn't tell Tim this, he would never let me leave and I know it would be harder on him so I left certain parts out. "14 must go on a mission to a land of old to fight the primordial from before the Gods, friend and foe shall partner together to take down the beast of the underworld and together the outcome shall decide whether or not the world shall perish." My voice sounded more confident then I'd like but I ignored that instead looking up to Tim who had a determined yet fear full look on his face.

"Right. So land of old must be..." 

"Greece" I said quietly. We both shared a similar look before he nodded. 

"I think I may be able to pinpoint where actually" This did catch me off guard as I looked up with an arched eyebrow. 

"What? Where? How?" I asked. He took a deep breath before starting. 

"A while ago Nightwing came to me with a question, or rather the bat had him come to me with a question. He wanted me to try and quiz civilian you to see why you were in Greece during a very crazy event. Well of course I didn't want to but then Nightwing added in that something weird was happening somewhere else in Greece that also happened to be very similar. I think he mentioned the name Euboea. I did some research and turns out it was a place where an ancient battle between the Greeks and the Persians took place." I nodded as I let the information absorb. 

"Alright. I'll let everyone know that we may have a hint. Thanks Tim" He nodded slightly as I turned back to my phone. I heard a familiar buzz and looked up and saw that Tim was also looking at his phone. 

"hey uhh... Percy" I nodded as he looked over and made eye contact. "My dad just invited us to another party. Apparently it's in two weeks. I know this is a bit weird but I feel I should ask while we still possibly have time." I felt my blood run cold as I looked at him, trying desperately to keep on a small smile. 

In all honesty me passing out was in fact very not nice. I had dreams. No not dreams, I watched certain things happen. Truth is I saw Rachel get the prophecy, just as I saw the Joker escape from Nightwing and run off, and how I saw him conversing with a dark hole that floated in the air like an IM. It was like that time with Grover. I could see and hear these things happening in real time. So when I peeped in on a conversation between a clown and his dark overlord, I was a bit terrified to find them talking about me. 

-------------------------Vision--------------------------

I had appeared beside the Joker and for a minute I truly thought I was having a nightmare until I realized that he hadn't noticed me. Instead I found him talking with a floating black hole. 

"You need to take Percy in public where she can't defend herself. Keep her away from water. Do what you must to get her to Euboea as weak as possible so that she can be sacrificed for me to break through." The voice was dark and thunderous. It seemed to echo off the walls of a nonexistent cave. 

The Joker just nodded in delight. "You got it boss, I know where she'll be. She's been appearing at the Wayne's parties lately and I just know she'll make another appearance" I barely had time to process anything as I felt a tight sensation around my stomach. Almost as if a giant hand were being wrapped around me. I bared my teeth as I tried to will myself to stay. But the more I tried the further away their voices sounded as I was ripped from the dream and to Rachel's room where I found her with one hair gripping at her red locks.

 She seemed frantic as she desperately painted a picture, one showing the mountainous giant from my dream. Every detail was exact, with the cracks that seemed to run up and down his bubbled skin, the skin in his robes seeming to realistic to be a painting. Rachel's face held fear and worry before suddenly with one final stroke she finished, dropping the paint brush to the ground as her eyes and mouth glowed green. 

"When a Hero from both worlds is taken, 14 must go on a mission to a land of old to find the taken hero and fight the primordial from before the Gods, friend and foe shall partner together to take down the beast of the underworld and together they shall decide whether or not the world shall perish." Her mouth moved without  her doing it herself. She seemed to stumble back as she did so, grabbing her mouth as she tried to recollect what she had said. Once again I tried to stay and listen more but I was ripped out as I felt strength radiating from my palm. 

That was when the sun became apparent on my eyelids 

---------------------------------------------------

"I'd love to go with you Tim!" I said, keeping my voice level and my face calm. I had two weeks. Two weeks to convince and train a bunch of super powered teens while also facing my inevitable capture. 

"Great" He smiled a little. "Now, it's too early to think about this. Let's just eat and we can talk about this later." I nodded as I looked into my bowl. I had two weeks until I was going to be kidnapped. I sighed as I looked back up to Tim with a smile. 

He smiled back before digging into his bowl of cereal. No matter what, I was going to savor these two weeks. 

--------------------------------------------------------

1211 words