Chapter 29: The News

-----------------Percy Pov:-------------------

By the time I had gotten home it was pitch black outside. I had stayed for the campfire because I just couldn't say no to an invitation. Before I left I also managed to slip blackjack a couple sugar cubes, though he was a bit mad that they weren't donuts. 

I managed to convince Nico to take me home, though he seemed very annoyed as he left.

I was currently looking around my apartment in the dark for another magnet though I wasn't doing so hot. 

"Oh come on, there has to be one around here somewhere" I mumbled as my hand shuffled through the stuff in my drawer. To my misfortune there was nothing. I sighed as I placed the drawing from the little girl on my counter. I had to go shopping anyways so this was a nice excuse to finally get up. But that was for tomorrow. 

I made my way out of the kitchen and to my room. As I walked I pulled my phone out of my pocket, checking it for the first time in a while. As the screen turned on it temporarily blinded me as the brightness was adjusted. I quickly rubbed the spots from my eyes as I turned into my room. Messages popped up and I began to read them as I sat on my bed while also taking off my shoes with one hand. 

I had some messages from mom with the usual flow of baby pics and updates, a couple messages from Hazel telling me about how she and Frank were doing and telling me that I should visit soon, and a couple messages from Tim. I smiled as I clicked on his name first. 

Tim- Hey! How's your day going cause the blood son just tried to kill me.

        -I'm not dead though

I smiled as the time markers indicated that he paused for a while because a couple minutes later he continued. 

        - duh

I quickly started to type out a reply. 

I'm doing pretty good, spent the day at my old summer camp. 

Also I'm glad you're not dead.

I took a deep breath as I set my phone down on my nightstand. I then made my way to my closet before grabbing some clothes to change in. I made my way to the bathroom where I took a quick shower before changing into the clothes. 

When I came back out I made my way back to the bedroom. I hopped on to my bed, allowing myself to sink into the mattress. I took a deep breath as my body relaxed after today's events. 

Eventually my mind started to wander though as it often did. This thinking led to what Triton said earlier, how was I going to tell Tim.

I mean I can't just go "Hey Tim, you know those Greek myths you get taught about in school, well they're real, and, here's the kicker, I'm the daughter of one of the big three themselves!" 

I'm sure that would go down swimmingly. 

As I thought I felt my eyes slowly getting heavy. The sheets insulated my warmth. I quickly pulled myself up so that my head rested on the pillows. 

Well, I guess that telling Tim is a problem for future me. 

This was my last thought as I curled up on my bed allowing my mind to take me wherever it wanted or rather wherever it is dragged. 

----------------------------------------------

I woke up with a start, immediately sitting up in bed as I became very aware of the sweat dripping down my face. I also took in how fast my breathing was.