Chapter 42: Ah-ha! It's a wild brother!

----------------------Percy's pov:-------------------------

"Ughhhhh, I can't believe you can make me do this." I groaned as Tim pulled me down the streets of Gotham. He had a snarky smile on as he pulled my hand and therefore me, down the streets and towards a small shop with a dress icon hanging next to the name.

"Well if we're going on that second date then we need to get you a dress for the party that ISN'T Pipers." I let out another groan as I begrudgingly walked with him, his grip loosening as I walked beside him.

"Such a cruel being, how dare you use my feelings for you as a tool for your own agenda" He rolled his eyes with a playful smile as we started to enter the store. The woman merely looked at us, seeming to make the decision to leave us alone as she turned around.

"Oh yes, I'm very diabolical. Me and my trying to get you your own clothes" We walked further into the store till we reached a fancier section. The dresses here were all considered ball gowns and I looked up to Tim with slight confusion.

He looked down and smiled. "The next party has a theme this time. It's a ball." As he says this he seems to look less enchanted by the idea by the minute. "So since I already have a suit that qualifies, we have to find you a dress. Preferably, something to match" The last part was quieter but it still made me smile.

I sighed before looking back over the dresses. "Fine" I was still upset about having to try on dresses but Tim's smile made up for it.

Over the next couple of hours I was forced to try on countless dresses, dresses that were either too scratchy or revealing or short or even one that straight up looked like someone threw fabric on a mannequin and sewed it on wherever it landed. Tim and I really laughed at that one. Every dress just seemed to have a problem until we finally found one that didn't.

It was a long dress, it was puffy but not puffy enough to be considered extravagant but enough to be a ball gown. It was a considerably darker blue than the other dresses I had previously worn but it was still blue nonetheless.

I had been showing the dresses off to Tim, mainly so that he also had to suffer with me, but this time I didn't walk out with it on. Instead I quickly took it off, put on my normal clothes, and placed it over my arm. Tim looked a little shocked when I walked out without a dress on but smiled when he saw the one over my arm.

"You good?" He asked. I nodded before we both walked up to the front desk. Even though Tim insisted he pay since he did drag me here, I declined, instead paying with my own money as he still hadn't been home in a while. Once it went through the lady placed it in a bag before handing it over. We thanked her before leaving. I quickly grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. He gently squeezed my hand as we walked.

"So where to? We can go wherever you want now that shopping is over with." He turned to look at me with a small smile on his face. A warm breeze blew past us as the cold air started to leave the air.

"Hmmm... how about a nice trip to the beach?" I said as the waves seemed to already show up in my mind. Tim nodded a smile appearing on his face. 

"I know a place nearby."

--------------------------------------------------- 

Now to say I wasn't expecting to be in the yj cave was an understatement. Even worse was me and Tim trying to make sure no one spotted us on the way out. Currently we were sprinting down the hallways to try and make it outside. 

We had both gone home and changed into bathing suits. Mine being a one piece and his being just a shirt and some swimming trunks. We also brought along some sunglasses just in case the others caught us or got nosy. I quickly grabbed his shoulder as I pulled Tim to the side of the wall. We both sat there as Kid flash zoomed by, not seeming to have noticed us. I sighed in relief as I looked over to Tim who gave me a smile and a thumbs up.