Chapter 24: Suspicion

-----------------Tim's pov:---------------

As I guided Percy through the crowd I couldn't help but allow my mind to wander. It's been becoming more common that things are Percy just seem to happen, and these things usually end up being...strange. For instance the fact that she can walk silently like Damien, or that she knew Kaldur, and even the massive white streak that Jason had brought up. It was even a bit strange that she knew Piper because from the accounts of everyone at the last party, nobody knew who her family really was. She was becoming more and more of a mystery was time went on, and usually this would be off putting but for some reason this is only making her more alluring. 

I looked back behind me, Percy was looking around us, her eyes seemed to shine, but I couldn't tell if it was because of the fairy lights or if she just naturally had that glow. I cut my glance short as I continued to guide us to the table where all the food was located, of which was rapidly approaching. 

When we finally arrived I looked over at Percy but she didn't seem to remove her hand, instead looking over the table as she decided what to eat. Personally I wasn't that hungry so instead I looked around at the people who were standing around at the table. Of course I spotted the usual fancy couple, and the occasional older gentlemen with a much younger woman but the one person who caught my eye was Jason who was sitting on one of the ledges that contained some bushes. Jason had a drink in hand and he seemed to be eyeing the crowd with distrust, he looked over and when he spotted me he immediately tried to wave me over. I stopped looking at Jason when I felt the warmth leave my hand, instead I turned to look at Percy who had grabbed a plate and was reaching for a slice of vanilla cake. 

When she finally grabbed it she seemed to have a content look on her face as she quickly grabbed a fork and took a bite. I smiled as she seemed to enjoy the cake. After she was finished she looked up at me but I remembered I had to go talk to Jason. 

"Hey Perc, you mind if we go talk to Jason for a second? I just need to see what he wants" Percy lowered her plate a tad before nodding, a small smile on her face. 

"Of course, I'm just gonna follow you from now on. So lead the way" I nodded before walking over to Jason. He looked at me before his eyes widened slightly as he looked over at Percy beside me. 

"What do you need Jason?" I asked, though I couldn't hide the slight annoyance in my voice as I'd much rather just be walking around with Percy. Even though he had called me over he completely ignored me, instead standing up and approaching Percy. I turned around to see Percy still looking as calm as ever though her smile was gone, instead a blank look as she watched Jason approach. 

"You've been there too" Jason said, pointing directly at her hair. She didn't make any movements instead just staring at him, seemingly formulating a response. She quickly stepped back, raising her chin slightly.

"You don't know what you're talking back, you've never been where I've been" Her voice was cold, foreign to the usually cheery one she used. I looked back over at Jason and they seemed to be having a stare off, almost a battle of wits. I was surprised to see Jason give up first as he turned to look at me, though the look signaled that he truly didn't trust Percy. I looked back over at her and she just continued to stare, and I had to admit, the stare was scary. I don't know if it was the fact that it looked so foreign to her or that it eerily reminded me of Bruce's. 

Jason looked back and coughed slightly, I watched as Percy seemed to back up slightly, her shoulders tensing ever so slightly as even I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Fine, but I'd like to talk to Tim alone." Jason said, leaving no room for argument.