Chapter 36: Being Stubborn

---------------------Percy's pov:-----------------------

When I had contacted Hazel for help with getting the team to be clear sighted I expected a phone call or text message at most, not her appearing in my apartment as she sat in the dark. So when I walked into my apartment to see a figure standing in the dark I was a little more than afraid. I had let go of Tim's hand as I turned on the lights to reveal Hazel in all her glory as she stood there with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh my GODS!!!" She ran over to us, her eyes wide. "Are you two dating?" She asked in excitement. I chuckled nervously as I grabbed her shoulders and started leading her to the couch.

"Hazel, I think we have better things to be discussing." She kept her smile but nodded. I heard Tim shut the door as he walked into my bedroom probably to go change.

"Fine, but I still don't get why allowing them to see is important." I sighed as she cracked her knuckles. A faint remainder of the smile stayed on her lips but the look she had never left her eyes. I had decided the night that I would try and wait, hoping that maybe the dream was in fact just a dream. Just in case though I decided I'd collect all the materials if the inevitable did eventually come.

"I just think that they should be able to see what I'm fighting. I think it would help them to better understand the situation. Hazel nodded.

"Alright, well" She took a deep breath "Who are these people that I need to clear the vision of?" Almost immediately Tim walked out in sweat pants and one of my hoods. I could practically hear Hazel vibrating besides me as she held in questions.

"Him" I said as I pointed at Tim. He looked confused, an eyebrow raising as he looked between the two of us.

"Him what?" He asked but his question wasn't answered as Hazel stood up. She gently laid her hands on his forehead as he looked panickedly between us. I gave him a reassuring smile which seemed to calm him down. Hazel shut her eyes momentarily before reopening them and sitting back down.

"Alright! Done!" She said, her voice light and cheery.

"Wait, done what? What did you do?" He asked rapidly.

"She gave you the ability to see monsters like I can. Don't worry it wasn't a hex" He nodded slowly as he seemed to relax.

"Alright..." I turned back to Hazel who was sending me weird glances. A cheeky smile on her face.

"Hazel..." I warned, she just pinched my cheek before turning back to the tv with a light hum and bobbing of her head. Tim took a seat besides me, so that I was now smushed into between the two of them. I leaned forwards, grabbing the remote before turning something on as we all sat there enjoying the program that was on.

"So when will the others who I need to clear be coming?" Hazel asked quietly as she tried not to speak over the show.

"Oh" I turned to her with a sheepish grin. "Actually they aren't coming. I wasn't really expecting you." Hazel's lips pursed slightly before she let out a sigh.

"Fine, then I'm staying over. We'd better see them tomorrow cause I have to leave tomorrow night." I nodded before turning to Tim.

He had already been listening to our conversation as he nodded. "I'll get Conner to add a guest profile so that she can do her thing before leaving." I nodded with a smile, a smile that was returned before he looked down at his phone as he started to text a message.

Hazel nodded with another small smile as she started to lay blankets and pillows down on the floor. "Hazel, what are you doing?" I asked. She looked back with a confused look.

"I'm going to sleep on the floor. Unless..." Her eyes opened wide as she looked between me and Tim. Tim looked up from his phone with a confused expression before she realized what she was saying.

"No! No no!" I put my hands up as I shook my head. "I've been sleeping on the couch. I lent him my room for the time being." She nodded as if she didn't believe me, a smirk gracing her lips.

"Whatever you say. But this still leaves me on the floor." She said as she turned back to readjusting the blankets and pillows on the floor.

"How about I sleep on the floor tonight, Hazel takes the couch, and Percy you have your room back?" Tim offered, leaning forward as he rested his elbows on his knees.

"No, you're my guest. I'll sleep on the floor, Hazel you take the couch and Tim you keep the bed." His eyes narrowed as he seemed to try and intimidate me into taking the bed. A smirk made its way onto my face as I glared back. We sat there for a while just staring at each other until I heard a *Ahem* come from beside us. I looked over to see Hazel with a little smirk.

"How about" ((You both take the bed. Jk))" you both stay out here and I take the bed." I looked back to Tim and he just shrugged.

"Alright, we'll be out here." She yawned before waving as she walked off to my room. I looked back to Tim to see him smirking.

"It looks like we tied Jackson."

"It seems we did Drake."

We both continued to glare at each other.

"Well then I'll take the floor." He said with a smirk as he started to slide off the couch.

"No way, I'll take the floor. I am the host after all, it would be rude not to offer you the spot on the couch." I quickly sat down on the floor as we were once again glaring. I'm not sure how long it was till we both just laid down. Neither willing to give up on being 'courteous'.

"You know, I really think you should sleep on the couch, I'd feel bad if you missed any sleep." Tim said from behind me as I faced the wall, a blanket wrapped around me like a burrito.

"I could never. You've been working super hard. I'm sure the cushion would be better than the stiff floor." I retorted. I heard shuffling as he seemed to turn around. I did the same till we came face to face. He had a smirk on and his blue eyes glinted from the light coming from the tv. They almost seemed to glow, a light shimmer radiating off them. His hair also laid on his head, somehow still looking nice, even though it was in a messy position.

His smile still stood, though it was more in a 'I'm so winning this' kinda fashion. I didn't mind though because whatever kept him here was enough for me.

Suddenly his smirk turned into a grin as he threw off his blankets and wrapped his arms around me. I laughed as I tried to wiggle my way out of his grip. I felt him lift me up as I tried to worm my way out. He merely chuckled in return as he laid me on the couch, though anytime he made an attempt to let go I would wiggle, signalling that as soon as he let go I was returning to my now cold spot on the floor.

"Let me go Drake, I need to be a good host!" I flopped around some more to no avail. His arms kept my arms pinned at my sides as he smiled down at me.

"Mmmmm no." He gave me an annoyingly pretty smile as I continued to wiggle. After a while I quit moving around, seeing as though I was only wasting energy. "I'm glad you finally see how determined I am" He let go and turned to go lay down on the floor but I quickly sat up, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Ah ah, if I'm staying on the couch, so are you" I pulled him back with some strength and he fell back onto the couch as I held him in the same grip he had me in earlier. He let out a defeated chuckle.

"Fine... now give me the blanket." He unrolled me before pulling the blanket over himself as well. The cold brushed against my skin and I couldn't help but shiver as it did so. Tim seemed to notice so he once again wrapped his arms around me and brought me closer to him as his warmth seemed to make up for the new cold air. I felt my cheeks warm up and his breaths came out slower and slower as they beat against my head lightly. Before I knew it his breaths came out in a steady rhythm and he was asleep. I decided to embrace this as I snuggled into his grip and allowed sleep to take me. Slowly I felt my own breathing steady as my eyes closed and I was swallowed into my dreams.

-------------------------------------------------------

1536 words