Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Rapunzel

After what Sandy said, I tried everything I did in my dream, just in case that my powers would show up or work again or show some sign that it really does exist and that I'm not just imagining it, but nothing happened. Not. A. Thing. Not even a flicker of light appeared on my command. What am I suppose to do now?

Sigh....

Maybe I should just take a break. Go back to my room and relax for a while. I have to get well soon. Maybe then will I be able to get my powers..

I heard some tapping. First, it was somewhere by the window near my bed. Then, it went all around the room. But suprisingly, that wasn't the strange thing.

The longer the time passed, the more it seems to not actually be tapping.

It was like... a beat of some kind... not a beat from the ticking of a clock but more like beat of music. Kind of like the beat I hear in Corona when the kingdom was celebrating festivals and events of all kinds..

Then there was cracking noises... I turned to the direction where the noise came from and saw frost slowly creeping in from the corner of the window in my room.

'Ah, so that's who it is.' I thought.

But where could he be hiding? I went closer to the window to find it slightly, very slightly, open and there was this drawing on the frost that spread through the window.

The drawing? It was a sun. Like the ones that were hung up in Corona when there's a celebration...

Something touched me by the ankle. So instinctively, I yelped, jolted up, reached for my frying pan, swung it around, went on top of the dresser in the room and pointed my weapon at the thing that touched me, all in one swift motion.

But instead of a monster, I saw Jack. Rolling on the floor, holding his stomach, laughing maniacally.

"Hahahahaahhaa, sorry, hahahaha. I just. Bahahaha. Haha. Ha. haaa... Wooh. That was... pfft.. quite a reaction Punzie." I just stared at him while his laughter tunes down. "Wow. You have quite a unique sense of humor." I said a bit bitterly.

I turned to the other direction and started to walk. I don't know where but I can't seem to stop myself and apparently my feet knows where it's taking me, but I surely don't. "Hey, where are you going?" he shouted from where he was. "Somewhere. I need to practice." I kind of got irritated I have no idea why. But I should just let it pass. It's just a harmless joke, that's all. Sigh.

"Well then, I'm gonna come with you." Wait, what. I looked at him, curious. "I mean, you wouldn't want to get lost in this place, would you?" Well, he has a point. "Okay then. You'll be acting as my guide!"

After that, we set off. To somewhere.

~~★~~

After hours and hours of walking around, we managed to reach a place with a small pond in the middle of the woods. And as soon as we arrived, I started practicing. But unfortunately, I made no progress what-so-ever. Sigh. I'm getting really frustrated. "What's wrong, Punz?" Jack asked me. "Nothing." I replied shortly. "Come on, you expect me to believe that?" He said as he sat down on a branch of a tree.

"Sigh.. It's just.." I took a seat on the base of the tree since he's already sitting down on a branch. "I don't know what I'm doing wrong." I said as I cover my face. "I can't seem to do anything right. I can't even figure out if my powers are real or not."

"Well, of course they're real. You can still heal with your hair! But if you don't believe me, you could always sing and find out." He's now standing on the ground. "Not that.."