Chapter 14: The Burst

Jack

Geez. No body told me that being a mentor was hard work.

Yes, I know I promised to help Punzie with her little problem. And trust me, I am. I'm having a surprisingly fun time and not to mention I'm getting to know Rapunzel a bit more, somehow.

Anyway. We did made some progress, though. So far, the pendant was able to glow a vibrant yellow, soft blue and purple-ish kind of color. That's all we've accomplished but at least that's something, right?

"Sigh.. I want to do something." She said out of the blue. "You're already doing something, princess. Remember? Practicing?" I replied to her. "Not that. I mean something else. I need to make something... To get my mind off things. I need to relax." Okay... "And the only way to do that..." She trailed off.

~~★~~

Before I knew it, I was carrying a bunch of paint and paint brushes to where Punzie was. Wow, this girl has a lot of artsy stuff.

I finally reached our spot and called out to Punzie. "Hey Punz, here's the--" my mouth immediately hung open and the stuff I was holding fell to the ground.

What happened here?

Rapunzel

Jack just arrived moments ago with a sackful of paint and some paint brushes over his shoulder but was now all scattered on the floor. His mouth was hanging wide open. "What?" I asked. "What happened here? Who did these? How did that happen?" With his facial expression, I could tell that he's in complete shock and really amazed.

"Uh.. I think I did." I slowly looked at my bare hands, still a bit in shock. The colors and light that were coming from my hands a while ago were gone. They disappeared. But the figures are still here. Hmmm. Strange.

I came closer to the figure that I've somehow managed to create. I attempted to touch it to see if it really is there and that we were not imagining things. But as my hand was just about to land on the surface of the figure, I sensed something.

Something's not right.

I looked around the area that we were in, alert. "Something wrong, Punzie?" Jack asked. "Someone's here. Someone else's here, watching us." I told him, still trying to figure out where that thing I was sensing is.

Jack gripped his staff tightly, getting ready in case of an ambush or an attack. I held on to my necklace, afraid of losing it. But then it shined but only just a bit. When I took off my hands off of the necklace I was wearing, there was something shiny on my hand. It was a weapon. I read about these in books and saw this in a picture once.

These are shurikens, the ones that ninjas used. But there was something special about these. I could feel it. It was in a shape of the sun. Like the ones back in Corona. Well, some of them did. The other, well, had different designs. But they were all beautiful. One other thing that the shurikens all had in common was that center outline and design was glowing. Yes, glowing.

My pendant gave me shurikens? Are these mine? Well, I guess I'll have to use these.

I held the shurkines tightly so that I won't accidentally drop them, getting ready to fight, in case.

Creepy sounds came from all around us, so Jack and I don't know where the attack or that thing, what ever it is, will be coming from.

Jack stood in front of me. "Punzie, stay behind me. I'll protect you." He said, getting ready to fight.