Chapter 11: Power Up

Rapunzel's POV

My eyes shot open. The first thing I see is a silhouette. Male or female, doesn't matter. It still has that... aura around it. Where am I? Whatever or whoever it is, is now charging towards me. I got up in a hurry (Well, who wouldn't. Considering the fact that 'it' was a sharp and pointy weapon in one hand and a weird gun in the other) and ran. I didn't even have time to check myself, all I know is I need to go. I don't know in what direction, and I don't care. If it means I'll be away from the crazed weapon-handed thing over there chasing me.

Purple.

Run.

I still had the weird jewel in my hand. I had'nt noticed it when I woke up, though my fist was holding onto it like it was the only solid thing there is.

Red.

Running.

The jewel was starting to get hotter and hotter with every step I take. It was shining, though I didn't have time to look at it.

Orange.

Running.

It was now shooting at me. With... dust? What?! I ducked just in time to see one of it's shots go over my head  and I saw it crash into the ground. Instead of it disapearing, it scattered and started circling around me. This is definitely not dust. Oh no.

Yellow.

Run faster.

I looked at the jewel in my hand. I took the chance to look at it for the first time since I woke up. It was changing colors again, from blue to purple, to red, to orange, then finally to yellow, then back again to blue. It kept changing in that pattern, and it was hotter than ever.

"No. Stop it!" the sand came nearer and nearer. I stood up, trying to avoid the sand and shouted, as I held the gem into my chest. When I shouted,  it felt... different. Something flashed intensely all around me. When I looked at the sand shadows, they were.. gone.

What happened? Where did that flash came from?

It was really weirding me out. I looked at the jewel in my hand. It was still changing its colors and was still hot. But the weird thing was something was on my fingers. It was colorful, shining, and bright. I can't tell what it is, but when I touched my fingertips, I felt nothing. Not a thing.Well, its not fire, that's for sure.. then what is it? The things on my fingertips are all changing into different colors but never the same at a time. I waved or twisted or made some gestures with my hand around, looking at the colors following my fingertips. They look like the lights that they lit up in the sky whenever there's a celebration at the palace in Corona. Not the floating lights... what did mother call it? Uhm... oh! Fireworks! Yeah! And some of it looked like that other thing... l-la-laz-lazers! Yeah, that's it!

I raised my hand, looked at my fingertips, my palm facing the sky. I noticed that the light on my fingertips are starting to fade a bit, but then a flash of light of different colors came blasting out of.... my hand? I think? It seems like it.. Branches, leaves, flowers, and other plants started growing out of nowhere... which was really weird considering that there's no sign of life in this place. "What...?" I asked myself, looking at my hands, surprise and amazement mixing in me. "Its's okay Rapunzel." A voice came out of nowhere, but it echoed all around me.

Then, something bright appeared to my left, something golden. "Rapunzel," it was Sandy. Oh my goozballs it was Sandy! And... HE CAN SPEAK! I ran up to him and hugged him, feeling relieved and safe for even a moment when he hugged back. "Sandy! I'm so glad to see you!" I said, tears forming in my eyes, threatening to drop. "And you can talk! I didn't know that. I mean, not to be rude or anything but I thought you can't speak?" I said a bit too energetic, making the words fly off my mouth faster than I mean to.