Part 30 ♡

Heyyyy guyss!! I know everyone is sad about the show ending but please don't forget to participate in trends, help maintain the hype, mail/call/spam for season 2, and spread the word! Maybe if we all put in enough efforts Sony TV'll renew the show for a second season! 💕

Apologies for the delay, here's part 30, hope ya'll enjoy it!

===============================================================================

It was six in the evening when the trio finally reached the Malhotra mansion, they walked into the house only to witness everyone sitting together in the lounge having a cup of tea, coffee or a glass of juice. 

They greeted them once again and Aaishaan and Suman went upstairs to play, while they were chatting Kartik brought up the topic of Ishqi and Ahaan's remarriage. "Bhai/Bhabhi, saach samne bhi aagaya, maafi bhi maang li, proposal bhi hoga...aab next step hai shaadi!"

Ishqi: Shaadi?

Kiara: Shaadi! Brilliant timing kyunke kal holi hai!

Savitri: Haan! Kal subah tum dono ki shaadi karte hai and phir shaam ko holi!

Sonu: Hmm and holi toh aap dono ka signature festival hai...matlab saab kuch start pehle wahan se hi hua tha na...hainaaa- she said teasingly making the couple blush.

Chachi: Toh phir theek hai! Kal humare pyaare baachon ki shaadi hai aur holi party bhi!

Ahaan: Mein saab ko phone karke invite kardeta houn..

Kartik: Wah bhai! Bohot jaldi nahi horahi aapko? he teased his brother who glanced at Ishqi and blushed. 

They were all busy, greatly enjoying teasing the blushing couple when Dadi entered and silence spread the room, all smiles, giggles and happiness faded within a blink of an eye.

Dadi had been looking at her smiling and happy family from afar and that made her regret what she'd done, it made her rethink her life choices, she thought if she hadn't inflicted heinous torture on Savitri, separated her grandchildren from their mother, and caused trouble between Ishqi and Ahaan's relationship only to keep her late son's real nature under wraps, she could've been apart of them! They all could've had happy moments from the start. 

When she walked in no one said a word but the aura in the room seemed to change, she took a seat on the couch opposite where Ishqi, Ahaan, Kartik, and Savitri sat, she felt ashamed of what she had done only when she'd experienced her family's hatred. 

She deserved it...but Savitri? What had she done to live like that? To be deeply hated by her kids for a sin she didn't commit? For standing up against domestic abuse? She as a woman had done horrendous things to shut Savitri up. Dadi sat there in silence for a few minutes, unable to meet anyone's gaze when Ishqi said, "Dadi ji?"

"Dadi ji?" Dadi thought- "What have I not done to this girl!? And she's still talking to me with respect, when not even my blood wants to look at me!" 

Dadi lifted her gaze to look up at Ishqi and got the courage to speak, "I'm sorry Ishqi puttar! Meine tere saath kya kya nahi kiya...bohot dukh aur dard diye tujhe...Lekin please, mujhe maaf karde" 

Before Ishqi could say anything, Ahaan stood up and said- "MAAF KARDE?! DADI AAPKO SERIOUSLY LAGTA HAI KE JO APNE KIYA HAI USS KE BAAD AAP MAAFI DESERVE KARTI HAI?!" 

"AVM calm down...barrho se aise baat nahi karte.." Ishqi whispered to Ahaan as she grasped his arm. Dadi heard what Ishqi said, she looked at the girl she'd given nothing but hatred and trouble with gratefulness love this time..." 

Ahaan had once told her, "Dadi ek baar aap Ishqi ko pyaar ki nazaroon se dekhegi toh aapko realize hoga ke woh kitni acchi ladki hai"- Yes! Her grandson had been right all along! She had always looked at Ishqi with a mask of hate and envy but now, when she was the one being the sweetest to her, Dadi felt lucky to even know her.

Before Dadi could control herself she walked over to Ishqi and pulled her into a hug, "I'm sorry puttar! Tu bohot acchi hai! Bohot pyaari ladki hai! Yeh toh meri badkismati ke mein tumhe kabhi samaj hi nahi payi...apne ego ki wajah se tumhe itne dard pounchai..." she tore from the hug and said, "ho sakke to mujhe maaf kardena" 

Ishqi faintly nodded in acknowledgement and Dadi caressed her face and mumbled a "thank-you" to her. She then moved to Savitri and said, "Savitri, meine jo tumhare saath kiya uss ke liye "galat" ek bohot chota shabd hai...Veer ki mout se pehle tumhe zulam ka shikhar hone diya! Ek aurat hote hue bhi kuch nahi kiya aur na hi kissi ko karne diya...Aur uss ki mout ke baad meine apne bete ki sacchai chupane ke liye tumhe bees saalon tak mental asylum mein kaid rakha aur tumhe torture kiya! Tumhare baachon ko tumse dour rakha...bohot buri saas houn mein...aur mein na hi tumhari maafi ke layak houn...lekin phir bhi agar kissi din tum mujhe maaf kar pao toh mein humesha tumhari shukar guzar rahoungi...I'm sorry"

Savitri hugged her mother in law, she hadn't forgiven her but felt bad for the old woman crying and begging for forgiveness in front of her. When they moved from the hug Ahaan had lost all his patience and he blurted out, "Dadi! Apne humesha se yehi kiya hai na! Apni baat manwane ke liye logon ko emotionally blackmail! AAPKO KYA LAGTA HAI KE AAP HAR BAAR KOI CRIME KARKE MAAFI MAANGE GI TOH AAPKO WOH MIL JAIGI! AAPNE MERI MAA, MERI BIWI, MERI BEHAN AUR MERI LIFE KO GAME SAMAJ KE KHELA! he stopped and lowered his voice when he felt Ishqi tug on his arm a little, Ahaan took a deep breath and lowered his voice- "Aapko zaara sa bhi taras nahi aya hum saab pe?" he asked when everyone saw a glimpse of little Ahaan in him, who craved for a mother's love...then a Ahaan who wanted to protect his baby sister from the harsh society and finally a Ahaan who got unconditional love from his wife but it was taken away from him. 

Just one, ten word sentence represented three times he was left broken and vulnerable..all because of a woman he considered above all. 

Dadi: Ahaan puttar, mein jaanti houn ke mein tum saab ki maafi ke layak nahi houn...aur mein tum saab ko aur takleef nahi dena chahati, issiliye meine faisla kiya hai ke mein aapni behan ke paas Bangalore jaa rahi houn, humesha humesha ke liye...guzara hua waqt badal toh nahi sakti lekin tum logon ka aage ka waqt kharab nahi karna chahati...tum saab duniya ki saari khushiyaan deserve karte ho....

Just as she finished announcing her decision, Bhola walked out of her room with her luggage. No one said anything as they all realized it was for the best. They all needed some space from Dadi. 

Ishqi gasped, she had never wanted Ahaan's family to break like this, she tried her best to prevent this from happening. Ishqi said, "Dadi ji, aapko kahin jaane ke zaarorat nahi hai, h-" 

Ahaan cut her off, "Ishqi! Haven't you learnt a lesson from Karan?! he paused, "jitni bhi woh meethi meethi baatein karey, tum unhe kitna bhi samajao..kuch log kabhi nahi badal sakte!" 

Dadi sighed and walked out the front door while Ishqi tried to go behind her but Ahaan caught her wrist and said, "no Ishqi...not this time"- a tear droplet escaped his eye which he'd been trying to hold in for a very long while, Ishqi instinctively wiped it away. Everyone was emotional but they all knew this was for the best. 

//To Be Continued//

Many people wanted Dadi to be forgiven and many did not, I received a lot of messages asking me to have her forgiven, hence I chose this ending for her. BUT I do not think she deserved to be forgiven, in the show and in the story for the things she did were definitely not forgivable! 

===========================================================================

That's all for today guys, hope ya'll enjoyed it! { Word Count: 1400 } Next part will be updated soon! 💛

Suggestions are always welcome ⚡️

Pls ignore any mistakes 😗

Lots of love and stay safeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸