CHAPTER-8

Author POV

Kyungsoo quickly woke up at the sound of doors closing. He woke up sluggishly and sat straight.

Kyungsoo grabbed his phone to check the time.

7:30...?

Kyungsoo looked around, noticing his manger was missing.

He woke up?

Kyungsoo felt quite guilty for making Chanyeol wake up in the middle of the night.

Since both are quite light sleepers, whenever Kyungsoo woke up startled at the night, Chanyeol quickly woke, worried checking on the idol.

Kyungsoo got off the bed and went out to the living room. Looking around, Kyungsoo noticed there were no sign of Baekhyun or Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo called out but there was no response.

Did he go somewhere?

Kyungsoo turned towards Baekhyun's room and noticed the door was ajar.

Kyungsoo walked closer to the room and peeped inside. He noticed Jongin still sleeping soundly.

Suddenly Jongin started to stir in his sleep looking a little breathless.

"Don't...don't..come" Kyungsoo heard Jongin mumbling in his sleep. Kyungsoo widened his eyes, worried and sat on Jongin's bed.

He noticed Jongin was sweating a bit. Scared Kyungsoo tried to wake him.

"Jongin? Jongin are you okay?" Kyungsoo called out slightly shaking him.

Jongin opened his slowly, the sunlight blinding him. When his eyes focused, he noticed Kyungsoo who let out a relieved breath.

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin sat up slowly, running his fingers through his hair.

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked concerned. "Um..yeah." Jongin said rubbing his eyes, his voice still groggy.

Jongin looked down noticing he wasn't wearing a shirt. Kyungsoo noticed it too and quickly looked away clearing his throat.

Jongin quickly pulled his blanket up covering his body, flustered. He quickly grabbed his shirt nearby and put it on. Jongin could feel his cheeks burning from embarrassment.

"Where's Baekhyun Hyung?" Jongin asked looking around, trying to break the awkward silence

"I don't know...I think Chanyeol and Baekhyun went out." Kyungsoo said shrugging his shoulder.

"What?? Both went out together?" Jongin asked shocked.

"I don't know about that...but they are not home...." Kyungsoo said chuckling at the end.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, who still looked pretty tired. His eyes were still quite droopy.

"You couldn't sleep well?" Jongin asked mumbling worried. Kyungsoo looked up surprised.

"Ah! No -No I slept well." Kyungsoo said laughing awkwardly. Jongin folded his arms frowning.

"Don't lie. I am not blind. I can see how tired your face looks." Jongin said leaning back. Kyungsoo quickly touched his face subconsciously.

Jongin still felt guilty for what happened to Kyungsoo, if he hadn't invited him over, he wouldn't have needed to experience these things.

"I am sorry... because of me..." Jongin said looking down at his fingers. "Only if I hadn't invited you...You and Chanyeol hyung wouldn't have got hurt..."