CHAPTER - 23

BAEKHYUN'S POV

"Are you okay?" Baekbeom asked worried as soon as he picked up my call. Chuckling, I leaned back on my couch. "Oh god, You are such a worry wort hyung." 

Baekbeom clicked his tongue annoyed. "You didn't call since that day. And you didn't pick up my calls too. Anyone would be worried!" Beom yelled annoyed.

"Hehe sorry, I was really busy with work at the entertainment."

It's true, but mostly it was me trying to distract myself from everything. Since Wendy's Birthday Party, A lot of things happened. Only drowning myself in work helped me in clearing my mind.

"Still you should take it a little easy," Beom said sighing at the end. "Ah and did Wendy call you?"

I let out a deep breath. "No...I tried calling, but she won't pick up." I said worriedly. Knowing her, I know she feels responsible for what happened that night.

"As you said, I took her to YeonHee's house that night. She looked really upset. But don't worry, Yeonhee calmed her and took care of her."

I sighed running my fingers through my hair.

"Good...Being with Son Hwa Jun won't do any good. She would have just gone to attend another party." I said rolling my eyes.

Talking about the party...

"Oh yeah...What happened to the Party Chairman prepared?" I asked remembering what they had spoken at the dinner.

"Ah...that..." I heard Baekbeom sigh. "Well since it was to basically expand his connections, of course, it went well." I could feel Baekbeom rolling his eyes. 

"But I made sure Wendy was there for like just 10 minutes. Son Hwa Jun didn't even care where Wendy was..."

"Well, that's nothing new..."

When has she ever cared about Wendy...

"Right! What about you? What happened? I was surprised to see your friend there...Was it Park...Chan... Chanyeol?"

"Ah! Ye-Yeah..."

"Since he was there, I was somewhat relieved. I heard you two stayed there too."

Once again the memories of that night flooded my mind. Thank God Baekbeom is not here, or else he would have seen a whole red tomato.

"Stay- Stayed? Yeah, we just stayed the night. Nothing else happened hahaha..."

"Okay? Well anyway, I am glad your friend was there. And you guys seemed quite close too, the way he stood up for you."  

"Well...We do have a long history..." I said a small smile playing on my lips. "Huh? History? Now I am more curious. Ah! Is he your??" Baekbeom asked excitedly. 

Gosh, he's getting spoiled by Yeonhee noona for gossip.

"Aishh, Enough with your delusional ideas. We knew each other since high school. Jongdae was our best friend, First, we hated each other but then...well, we put behind our differences now..."

"Really...Well, that's good. Chanyeol seems like a very good person." 

"Yeah...He is."

"He also is similar to your Ideal type~" I could see Baekbeom smirking on the other hand. 

"Alright, I am hanging up-" "Wait- Wait-! I was just joking-!"

After hanging up, I let out a huge breath as I slid down the couch.