News

March 12, 2021

It was all over the news, announcing the death of Ronald DeFeo Jr. Many people either didn't know about the man or didn't care. However, on November 12, 1974, Ronald shot and killed each of his family members. It created an uproar, and the public was shocked at how the murders were done.

Ronald killed not only his parents but also his siblings.

When asked why he did it, Ronald stated that voices told him to do it. On the other hand, he had a history of being a heroin and LSD user and having an antisocial personality disorder. Also, there are speculations that Ronald and his father didn't have a good relationship since his father was abusive. 

Ronald said that he heard voices to kill his family, and while doing the murders, he knew what he was doing but couldn't control himself.

It was as if he was possessed. 

Either way, Ronald has put away in prison and stayed there until his death in March 2021. The murder of the DeFeo family has always been the topic of the paranormal and other conspiracy theories. Many people would visit the Amityville house to investigate; many claimed they have or have not experienced something.

However, two individuals decided to investigate the house and see if they could solve the mystery. 

Crystal finished watching the news that announced the death of Ronald DeFeo Jr. It was finally his time, but a part of her wanted to interview him. Crystal is a self-published author who wrote online stories on Wattpad and other sites. The young woman also worked as an online English teacher, which helped her get income. Crystal lived with a roommate named Adan, and we're both actually from New Mexico.

At the moment, they were in New York; they had just arrived three hours ago. They were at a bed and breakfast that was rented to them for a reasonable price. She and Adan would have their separate rooms. Crystal wanted to come here alone, but Adan insisted he wanted to be here too. Crystal and Adan have been friends since high school.

Adan was a bit of an outcast, and Crystal was a nerd in high school, but her outgoing personality and helpfulness gained respect from others. She started talking with him and learned he loved anime and science. His interests got to her, and they have become friends since then. The duo also became roommates since they wanted independence from our families.

Crystal wanted to live independently, but Adan always struggled with his parents. He and his family had a love-and-hate relationship. His parents had him when they were teenagers, and they treated him more like a friend/roommate than a son. She felt sorry for him and let him live with me.

Crystal got an opportunity from a publishing agency to get her work officially published. However, to make the final deal, they wanted her to write a story that would catch the public eye. There was competition in romance stories, and it's expected; Crystal decided to change my genre.

That was when the young woman decided to write something about the paranormal. The research was done, and Crystal believed the DeFeo case was fascinating. There have always been conflicting debates about whether or not Ronald DeFeo Jr was mentally unstable or if it was something out of this world. She hoped that I would bring some light.

Crystal read that the DeFeo house could not be sold, and now it's a tourist destination. However, only a certain amount of people were allowed inside. With COVID, not many could tour the house; she and Adan were going tomorrow afternoon.

As Crystal unpacked, Adan knocked on the door and stood by the corner. "Hey, need any help?"

"No, not really. I'm almost finished unpacking. If you want, you can research some places where we can eat."

"Sure will. I hear New York has good pizza. Interested?"

"Sounds good." Crystal got out the most important thing she needed for her research.

Adan sighed as he crossed his arms. "Crystal, I can't believe you got an Ouija board. "Are you sure that it's necessary?"

"Of course. I have to find out if there is something supernatural in the DeFeo house. Besides, we're here for an adventure! Keep an open mind!"

"Crystal, if horror movies ever tried to teach us anything, it is never to contact the dead. It can bring trouble."

"They're just movies; there's nothing to worry about."