One

Adan stood in shock. "Wait a minute. You want to what?"

Samuel sighed. "I must possess your body to find my remains and undo the curse. I can finally be in peace and return the evil to hell."

"There is no way in hell! I can't let a ghost possess me! It's like the movies; something always happens."

"What is a movie?"

Adan let out an annoyed groan. "Look, it doesn't matter! What I want to say is no. I don't fully trust you!"

"It is understandable, Adan. You were wise, but unfortunately, your female friend has attracted evil. The evil is after you."

"Me!? You said it's after Crystal! She was the one who created this whole mess."

Samuel stood there stunned. He shook his head. "I cannot believe my hearing. When I first saw you both, I could tell you held such feelings for the young lady. Now, you go back on those feelings and make her face the evil alone. I never met such a coward."

Adan glared at Samuel. "Well, I told her not to investigate the house! She has more of the blame."

"Even if so, why did you go with her, even if it went against your better judgment? If I had to guess, she knew of your cowardice, but you wanted to prove her wrong. You decided to go with her to prove the bravery you never had." Samuel shook his head. "It seems the young lady could still see through the facade. You will never win her heart or the heart of any young lady. They will realize who you are."

Suddenly, Adan got a hold of Samuel's shirt; rage was apparent on Adan's face. "Who the hell do you think you are!? It's your fault that you practiced things you shouldn't have! You also led Delilah into believing that you would be with her! Everything happened because of you!"

Samuel looked unfazed. "Indeed, I have admitted my sins and accept responsibility. However, unlike yourself, I want nothing more than to face my sins and stop them once and for all." The young man eyed Adan. "As much as you want to coward away, it is now impossible. You are much involved, and the evil will stop at nothing to get to you, like how he got that poor Ronald."

Adan's lips began to tremble.

"Listen to me, Adan. I understand that you are afraid; I am too. Even though I have been dead for what seems like an eternity, I still feel fear. I am tired of living on Earth in this house; that is a bitter reminder of my failures and sins. If I have to go to the bottom pits of hell, then so be it." Samuel grabbed Adan's hand, squeezing it while glaring at him. "No matter how both we try to escape, we never will. To stop one's suffering, one has to face it. We both need each other's help."

The two men were silent for a while. Adan let Samuel go. "If-If I let you do this, how will it work?"

"Well, I can only take possession for a certain number of hours, and then my soul will be released. We only have a limited amount of time. However, I can transfer parts of my powers to your body while in your body. You will still be a part of your body; we can switch. So worry not. You can still be in control."

Adan was about to respond, but the men heard a voice from afar. "Adan! Adan! Wake up! Wake up!" 

"It seems your friend has found you. What is your decision, Adan?"

Meanwhile, Crystal and Bobby entered the house. Crystal woke up and was going to ask Adan if he wanted to get breakfast, but he was nowhere to be found. All his belongings were still in his room. Even though Crystal didn't have her phone, she used the house phone to call Bobby about the situation. It was unlike Adan to leave and more strange that he didn't take his stuff with him.

Bobby arrived at Crystal's location. The one place she could think of was the house. What other place could he have gone? Bobby was silent and worried. He told her that there could be something in the house after all. It made Crystal wonder, too, and it made her feel guilty. The two arrived at the house, Bobby opened the door, and they entered.

The two looked everywhere in the house until Crystal noticed an open door. She slowly opened it and went downstairs. That's when she saw Adan and went to him. She began to shake him. "Adan! Adan! Wake up! Wake up!"

Bobby heard her screams and went to the room.

Crystal felt worried and scared that Adan wasn't responding. She was about to call out to him, but then Adan opened his eyes. His eyes were wide; he let out a deep breath. Crystal let out a loud squeal of relief. Tears were forming in her eyes. "Adan, thank goodness you're okay! I was worried sick!" She put her head on his chest, hearing his heart breathing.

The young man slowly put his hand on Crystal's head. "I am well, Crystal. All will be well soon enough."