Dream Pt.2

Adan was shrouded in darkness; he looked around his surroundings. The young man also felt cold; he only wore his sleeping clothing: gray sweats and a regular black shirt. Even though he was in darkness, he felt like standing on something sold, soft, and mushy. Adan thought it was strange but decided to walk cautiously and slowly. Suddenly, the darkness began to fade.

There was fog and dead trees. Adan stopped as he looked around; it got colder, and he shivered. "Where the hell am I?"

"Adan."

He stilled. Again, he looked around. "Wh-Who's there!?"

"Adan." The voice sounded masculine; it wasn't too rough and had a sense of gentleness. 

Suddenly, Adan saw a figure. "Hello!? Who are you!?" The figure didn't respond. The young man gathered his courage and kept on walking forward. The closer he got, the more he got to see the figure. To his shock, it was Crystal. She looked different. Crystal wore a long-sleeved plain dress; her hair was let down and wavy. "C-Crystal!? What are you doing here?" As he was getting closer, he felt the ground stopping his feet. He saw that the dirt ground was taking him in. 

Adan screamed and tried to struggle out of the grip. "N-NO! Crystal, help me!" The ground stopped with its movements; Adan's knees and feet were inside the earth; he couldn't move. The image of Crystal stood still, not looking at Adan. Adan saw a shadowy figure behind her, but Crystal didn't look fazed. The dark figure was pitch black, and it had a demon-like appearance.

The young man screamed, trying to get away.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! To think you have feelings for this woman and try to run away, not feeling concerned for her. It is expected from a true coward." The demon-like figure then put its arms around Crystal's waist and neck. "Such a beauty. This woman has more courage than yourself, Adan. I can see why she never looked your way. What kind of woman would desire a man like yourself?"

Adan felt hurt by the figure's words, but fear overwhelmed him. Suddenly, the demon-like figure began to reach for him. Adan closed his eyes and screamed. However, nothing happened. He still had his eyes closed but slowly opened them. Crystal and the figure disappeared. Then, the ground began to take him in slowly. "No! No! Get me out of here!"

Then, a hand grabbed one of his arms and began to pull him upward. Adan was taken out of the ground. The young man was breathing heavily; Adan opened his eyes. He saw a man who looked to be in his early twenties when he did. He had wavy golden hair past his chin, emerald green eyes, and a medium skin tone. The young man was taller than Adan, with a strong-looking body and facial features. The man almost looked like a model; it made him a bit jealous. However, Adan couldn't help but notice the man's clothing looked very old-fashioned, almost colonial. Yet, the man saved his life. "Th-Thanks, man."

"Worry not, sir. I was happy to save you. You and your friend are in great danger. You will not be able to escape the evil's grasp. Go back to the house alone. I know you might be scared, but you cannot escape this. I want to help you. Go back!"

"Gah!" Adan woke up from his slumber. His body was filled with sweat. He noticed that he was in his room. Relief filled him, but he was still breathing heavily. Adan was about to get off the bed and go to the restroom, but his eyes widened with shock when he removed the bedcovers. His feet and legs were covered with dirt, just like his dream. The relief soon went away; Adan was breathing heavily again. 

"What did I get myself into!?"