Ronald DeFeo Jr. Pt.2

Ronald decided to play the Ouija board after everyone went to sleep. He didn't want to risk anyone catching him trying the board. His sister, Dawn, knew what he had, but she wouldn't tell a soul; the two were close. They would defend one another. It was time for dinner; everyone heard the door open; it was the patriarch, Ronald DeFeo Sr.

Ronald Jr had a love-and-hate relationship with his father. His father was loving and caring, but sometimes he would go into a blind rage. When Ronald Sr. came home, no one knew if he would be in a good or bad mood. It was like tossing a coin; they never knew what side of their father they would get. Louise went to her husband to greet him. "Hello, honey. How was your day at work?"

The patriarch glared at his wife as he gave her his lunch bag. "Is dinner ready?"

"Yes, I will get everything ready. Everyone, sit down for dinner."

Meanwhile, Crystal was watching everything going down. She noticed how tense everyone was when Ronald Sr arrived. "I guess they're afraid of him."

When everyone sat in their seat, Louise and Dawn served plates with dinner and everyone's drinks. Everyone was having steak with rice and asparagus. As Ronald Sr began to eat, everyone did too. No one said a word until the patriarch broke the silence. "So, Butch, do anything productive today?"

Crystal raised an eyebrow. "Butch? Is that another nickname of his?" She then remembered Ronny's crimes and had a dreadful feeling in the pit of her stomach. 

The young man eyed his father while eating a piece of steak. "I helped around the house and some other things. I considered volunteering in the police force to see if I would like to pursue a career there."

Louise smiled. "I think that's a wonderful idea, Ronny. At least you have an interest in having a career."

Ronald Sr. gulped his beer bottle. Junior wanted to leave the dinner table. The young man hated when his father drank. His father became more of a bully when he drank. "The police force? You're not even athletic; you're soft as a twig. You'll be the laugh of the city."

"Honey, Ronny at least has something he would like to do. It would be wonderful to have a police officer in the family."

Ronald Sr let out a loud scoff. "He'll never be a police officer. Look at him; he's not even intimidating."

Crystal was getting angry. "What a bully! So it seems the rumors were true; Ronald Sr was abusive towards his family."

Ronald Jr was having enough of his father's behavior. He had enough of his drinking and everything he did towards him and the family. "I thought you would say that. The reason you don't want me to become a police officer is, so everyone in the won't know what you do to us. Maybe you're scared you won't have power anymore."

Everyone was silent. Dawn shook her head toward her brother; Louise was worried. "H-Honey. Ronny's not himself. Eat and relax. You had a hard-" She was interrupted. 

"You think you're a hotshot, eh? Why would I be afraid of a runt?"

"A runt? Sure, whatever. A runt that holds your blood. If anyone is to blame me for being a runt, it's you. I am your son, after all." Suddenly, Ronald Sr threw his beer bottle toward his son. Ronny barely dodged the bottle as he stood up from his seat. The patriarch also stood, pushing the table, almost knocking down everyone's dinner. The younger children were taken to their rooms by Dawn. 

"The hell you said, you son of a bitch!?"

Louise stood in front of her husband. "Honey, please! You both had a bad day! I want you to rest! You know how Ronny can be! Please, you're scaring the kids!" Ronald Sr pushed his wife away and approached his son as he pushed the table away. He got ahold of his neck and began to strangle him. 

Crystal's eyes were wide with horror, and she ran toward them, but she only went through. "Stop! You're hurting him!" Her screams were never heard.

Ronald Jr was motioned to the wall as his father strangled him. He was losing air; his father was killing him. In the corner of his eye, he saw a wine bottle, grabbed it, and hit his father in the head so hard that he was let go. The young man was breathing heavily. "You old pathetic bastard! Look at you! You're frickin miserable that you want to make us like you! To hell with that! If you do that again, I'll call the police!"

Louise stood up. "R-Ronny, please stop!"

He glared at his mother. "Why do you defend him so much? He hits us and you! That's not love! That's psychotic! You both are! To hell with you both!" Ronald Jr returned to his room, locked it, and barricaded it with his small sofa. He was breathing heavily as he sat on his bed; Crystal followed him and was silent. Ronald then sat on the floor and took out the Ouija board. "To hell with them; I need to blow off some steam." The young man began to follow the instructions on how to work with the Ouija board. He turned off the lights and lit his only lamp.

"Is there anyone here?"

There was no answer. He kept asking questions or trying to summon something, but there was still no response. "Come on! Please, anything! I need something to talk to!" Suddenly, Ronald and Crystal saw a reply.

"Hello, Ronny."