New World

Adan slowly sat up and looked around; he massaged his head as if in pain. Crystal stood and helped him stand. "Adan, you scared me shitless! I thought something bad happened to you!"

Bobby sighed. "Come on, let's get out of here. We can't be in the house for long." All three slowly got out of the house. Adan was quiet as he motioned to the car. During the car ride, Crystal noticed Adan was looking out the window while being quiet. 

"Adan, please say something. I know I yelled at you, and I'm sorry, but you worried me."

The young man didn't say anything as he looked out the window. Crystal was about to speak, but Bobby cleared his throat. "Crystal, don't pressure him. He will talk when he wants to. Eventually, he will tell you what happened." Crystal glanced at Adan but agreed not to pressure him to speak. The car ride to the bed and breakfast was quiet. They arrived at their destination. "Crystal, are ya sure ya wanna return to the house?"

"I will wait for you at 9 pm."

Bobby nodded, and he went on his way.

Crystal motioned Adan to follow her, which he did. Once inside, Crystal motioned him to his room. "Adan, now, will you please tell me what happened?"

Adan looked around the room and then sat on the bed. "I'm hungry."

Crystal nodded. "Okay, I will pick up some food for you. Will you be okay by yourself?"

"Yes."

The young woman went out to buy breakfast for the both of them. Adan was left alone. Once he realized that he was alone, the young man let out a long sigh. "That was close. It has been so long since I was flesh. I am still trying to get used to this. I have to make Crystal think I'm Adan." Samuel, in Adan's body, stood and looked around the room. My goodness, such extravagance, much more so than in my lifetime."

Samuel then lay on the bed, stretching his body. It's wonderful to be human once again, but it is temporary for the moment. Samuel concentrated deep in his mind. "Adan, are you there?"

"What the hell happened? Where am I?" asked Adan.

"You are in your subconscious, but you can still control your body. How are you feeling?"

"Tired and weak."

"That tends to happen, but you shall get used to it. Adan, I haven't spoken to your friend and am at a loss for your era. I do not know much about your trinkets and form of transportation. You must teach me."

Adan was silent for a moment. "Geez, I forgot to take that into account. So what now? I want to get everything over with."

Samuel bit his lower lip. "We cannot tell your friend about this; she will think we are mad. Also, I don't wish her to be harmed. However, we need some supplies to put the evil back into hell. Once we have the materials, we can try to find my remains."

"Cool, what materials do you need?"

"Herbs, crystals, and more. Do you have them in this house?"

"No, this is a bed and breakfast place, like an inn. If you need that material, you'll have to go to a store that sells those things. Go to my laptop."

Samuel looked around and saw it. "This is a laptop, swell. What do I need to do?" Adan instructed him on what to do step by step. Samuel was amazed at how the technology worked. He slowly typed what Adan told him; he was getting impatient. Eventually, they were at Google and found many places that sold voodoo or wiccan materials. "Extradonory, this 'laptop' tells you where you can go. Well, this voodoo shop looks near and has the needed materials."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Samuel immediately closed the laptop. "Enter."

Crystal entered with a bag. "I went to Ihop and got us some food."

"Ah, yes, thank you." Samuel cleared his throat. He felt a little nervous, fearing that she would suspect something. 

Crystal set the food down and gave him his. "Are you feeling better?"

Samuel opened the tray of food; he began to salivate at the smell and sight of it. "Ah, yes. Much better." Suddenly, Samuel felt Crystal's hand on his forehead. Her hand was soft and warm; he didn't know why, but he blushed.

"You're cold, Adan. Well, you were in that house for a while. Are you ready to talk about it?"

Samuel cleared his throat. "N-Not at the moment; I need some rest, if you don't mind. I need to clear my head."

Crystal sighed. "Okay, I will leave you alone if you want. Just make sure to eat and gain your strength back. I will be in my room if you need anything." She walked out of the room with her tray of food. She made it inside her room and sat on her bed. Crystal felt that something was wrong with Adan, and there was something that he was keeping from her. It was strange that Adan was in the house since he was always fearful of the paranormal. It made her wonder if Adan saw or knew something. Crystal didn't know why, but she had a gut feeling that more things would come.