Amityville House

Adan would never have imagined that Crystal bought an Ouija board. However, that's not the worst thing that he just learned. They will be going to the DeFeo House today but at night. A tourist guide will show them around the house, but that's not the worst; Crystal paid for us to have the house until midnight.

"Is she insane!? Why did I decide to go with her in the first place?"  He knew why, even though he tried to hide it from himself. He liked Crystal, but she didn't see him in that light. "Crystal probably likes men who are strong emotionally and physically; maybe that's why," Adan wondered. He glanced at Crystal; she looked out the window, thoughtful. "Hey Crystal, are you alright?"

"I'm fine; I'm excited to go in the house."

"You look the part," Adan chuckled nervously.

She smiled. "Are you having second thoughts, Adan? You can get an Uber or taxi back to the bed and breakfast."

 "No, it's just that you look very thoughtful. What's on your mind?"

"Nothing in particular. We might catch something for my work and me personally. I want to know if something did possess Ronald."

"I guess we will see tonight."

Adan, however, hoped there was nothing.

Night arrived; Adan and Crystal arrived at the house. There was nothing but silence as the cold air went by. "So this is the DeFeo house; I would have never imagined that I would be standing in front of the house." Crystal smiled as her hair flowed with the cold wind. "I'm determined more than ever to get to the bottom of the DeFeo case."

Adan was about to respond when the door to the house opened. An older man who looked to be in his mid-sixties walked out. He was bald, had pale skin, face wrinkles, and light blue eyes. The man was a bit overweight; his clothes clung to his body, making parts of his fat hang out. His teeth were a little yellow and slightly uneven. The man had skinny lips that almost looked faded. "Crystal Cervantes?"

"Yes, that's me. You must be Bobby Ajello."

"That I am." Both shook hands.

"This is Adan Thompson; he is a friend of mine who will be assisting me."

The two men shook hands. "I gotta say that ya both are crazy comin' here late at night. Ya wanna find ghosts here?"

"You can say something like that, Mr. Aejllo. I want to find out if something possessed Ronald DeFeo. Have you been a tour guide for a while?" asked Crystal.

"I've been tourin' the house for five years. I'm retired and am bored."

Adan raised an eyebrow. "So you decided to be a tourist guide for a murder house?"

Bobby chuckled. "Pretty crazy, I know, but ever since ol' Ronny killed his family, I couldn't get his case out of my mind. People were talkin' about it ever since. Now ol' Ronny is dead, and why he killed his family will be in the mystery." He looked at Crystal. "Maybe ya' can solve the mystery."

"Is that why you are letting us tour the house? So you can find out if Ronald killed out of possession or intent?" asked Adan.

"Pretty much."

"Question; I thought many professionals and ghost hunters have been to this house."

Bobby sighed. "Yeah, but many were found to be frauds, so much of their work ain't worth it. Ya seems to be legit. I hope ya can shed some light. I'll show ya the house and will leave ya to it. When midnight comes along, I'll pick ya up and take ya home."

Before Bobby motioned them to follow, Adan intervened. "I have a question. You seem to want to know the truth about what happened in the house and Ronald. Why?"

The older man was silent for a while. "I was one of the police officers called to this house after the murders. I was the one who also arrested ol' Ronny. Come on, let me show ya the house."

The friends looked at one another but followed the older man. 

Unknown to all three, a figure watched them from inside the house.