Dream Pt.1

Crystal was in her room in her nightclothes, high school PE shorts, and a blank tank top. She braided her long curly hair so it wouldn't tangle. She was on her laptop, writing about what she and Adan experienced on their first night. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Come in."

Adan entered. "Hey Crystal, our food was brought by uber eats."

"Cool, I was getting hungry."

The two got their plates and served themselves Chinese food. The two ate in silence. Adan would glance at Crystal, who looked thoughtful at her food. "Hey Crystal, you said you communicated with a ghost with the board. What did it say?"

"I asked it many questions; some questions it answered, others it didn't. It also told me to come by tomorrow."

Adan shook his head. "Crystal, the Ouija board is dangerous. Look, I believe there is something in that house. I saw and heard things move. It's not a good idea to piss off whatever is in that house. That experience should be enough."

"No, I need to know the whole story, Adan. If I have to piss off the ghost, then so be it. I don't; it's angry. Since it wants me to return, it probably wants to talk."

"You're crazy, Crystal."

The young woman shrugged her shoulders. "I know. If you're afraid, you don't have to come by. You can stay here while I go to the house tomorrow night."

Adan was quiet for a while. It hurt him that Crystal suggested that. He couldn't lie to himself that he was freaked out, but he didn't want to look like a coward. "I'll think about it."

The two ate as they had slight conversations; Adan went to his room to sleep once finished. Crystal was preparing to go to sleep and decided to get her phone. However, her phone was nowhere in sight. "Oh crap, I must have left it in the house! I'm going there tomorrow; I can get it back." The young woman turned off her lights, got in bed, and slept.

She felt strange;  Crystal thought she was floating in mid-air and felt cold air. She tried opening my eyes, but she felt as if they were glued shut.

Suddenly, Crystal was lying on something hard and cold; she could finally open her eyes.

 "What the hell!?" It was the DeFeo House. "Why am I here!? What's going on?" She looked around; it was night, and 1960-looking cars were parked outside. Then, it started to rain, and thunder was in the night skies; Crystal walked to the front door and knocked. "H-Hello!? Bobby, can you let me in!?"

There was no response; Crystal opened the door, but it was locked. She was about to leave but then heard a click from the other side of the door; the door opened. "That's strange." She slowly looked inside the house; it was dark, and she could see nothing. "Bobby!?"

Nothing.

 Crystal slowly entered the house; the door closed behind her, and she tried opening it, but it wouldn't budge.

Then...

Gunshots were heard; thunder and hard rain outside echoed outside the house. The gunshots eventually stopped; Crystal waited for a while, but there was no noise, no movement. She wasn't able to get out of the house. Something felt like someone was pulling her upstairs; she slowly walked up the stairs. Once upstairs, there were rooms; Crystal looked around to see if anyone was present, but nothing. The young woman walked to the center of the room, then a flash of lightning lit up.

Her eyes widened with horror; she saw the bodies of the DeFeo family shot. Another flash of lighting came along; she saw a shadow behind her and turned around. 

"R-Ronald!? What have you-!?"

He held a gun in his left hand; his eyes were emotionless. "He's here. He's here. Go away. Go away." His eyes turned pitch black; his face turned almost demonic. "GO AWAY!"

"GAH!"

Crystal was breathing heavily; her heart felt like it would escape her chest. She looked around, and she was in her room. "Why did I have that dream? It felt so real. I couldn't believe I had seen Ronald. Why? Was he trying to tell me something?"