Uncertainty

Samuel returned to bed and breakfast with a bag of food he picked up before Uber went to pick him up. Adan had a craving for Chinese food, and Samuel got the food with his instructions. Once back in his room, he was amazed at the smell. "My goodness, such a tantalizing smell; I have never smelled something so delicious, even from my own time."

"Try it out, and then I can regain control of my body."

Samuel opened the case as she saw the food: green bean chicken, orange chicken, fried rice, and chow mein. He felt his mouth salivate at the sight; he got a piece of orange chicken using the plastic fork. Samuel felt as if he was in heaven. He never tasted delicious food. "This is heavenly! I never thought that something this delicious would exist!"

Adan was stunned. "This food is considered common in our standards, but glad you like it. Try a couple more pieces, and then you can let me have control of my body."

Samuel ate a couple more pieces of food until he gave Adan control of his body. Adan let out a deep breath. "Man, it's so good to have control of my body! It felt weird being trapped in my mind."

"Indeed, one needs to get used to it. Thank you for your cooperation and for letting me experience some parts of your world."

Adan began to eat his food. "You bet, so what are we going to do now? You got these creepy materials for this ritual."

"Well, we need to go back to the house to find the remains of my body. However, I just remembered something else."

"Which is?"

Samuel sighed. "I'm going to need assistance from another person with voodoo experience. We can ask Abeni from the shop."

This made Adan choke on a piece of his food. "Dude, are you serious? You didn't tell me this before."

"When I took control of your body, my memories faded momentarily. However, this ritual can be dangerous. Since I am no longer in my body, I don't have the same power as I used to. However, Abeni may have voodoo experience, which can be very useful."

"I don't know, man; that Abeni chick is hot, but she'll think we're crazy. Besides, she won't even want to participate."

"She seemed intrigued with us and had an interest in voodoo. As she mentioned, she has never seen a man of our color interested in the art of voodoo. Also, judging by her expression, Abeni seems open to exploring new things."

Adan drank a can of Pepsi. "You seem very confident that she will agree to it."

Samuel chuckled. "Indeed, I have lived for many years; many things don't change regarding the female mind and heart. Besides, you seem to have terrible luck with women."

This made the young man blush. "I-I had my fair share of dates!"

"So you say. You like your friend but cannot seem to earn her heart. Call Abeni; it can do you good to have experience with females. Who knows, maybe there can be something new for you both."

"Well, this state isn't my actual home. Crystal and I will eventually go back home."

It was silent between the men. "I see. Well, many things can change. Perhaps Crystal may not be the woman for you. It may not work out if you have been friends for years; it happens. Anyway, you should rest. Tonight we need to go to the house."

"Crystal will be there."

"We will wait until she returns and rests. I will take control when we go to the house. The evil entity will try anything to stop us."

Adan didn't respond and was beginning to lose his appetite. He dreaded returning to the house and finding a dead body. So many thoughts and feelings were going through him. However, he thought about what Samuel said about the opportunity to meet other women. Yet, it was Samuel that picked up Abeni, not him. Adan didn't want to feel or think about it but was jealous. Even though he had been dead and trapped in the house for hundreds of years, he was smooth enough to get a woman's phone number.

The young man couldn't believe a man from a different time had the confidence and skill he had always wanted. Samuel didn't say anything, but he could feel Adan's feelings. It was something natural for humans. However, Samuel was planning their next move; his main concern was Adan. Samuel didn't want to hurt Adan's feelings, but the young man was quite a coward. 

However, he would take control when finding his body. Yet, Samuel thought it would do Adan good to spend time with Abeni while he was on the sidelines for support. 

Meanwhile, Crystal and Bobby made it to the house. Bobby was intrigued and asked Crystal if he could stay to see if there was anything paranormal. Crystal agreed since Bobby has done so much for her and Adan. They entered the house; a chill went through them. "I will be in the parent's room to see if I can get anything. You can explore around for a bit."

"Ya, no problem. I'll see if anything happens."

The two went their separate ways. Crystal made it to Ronald Sr and Louise DeFeo's room. The young woman wanted to see if any activity existed in any room, not just Ronald Jr's. She made it inside and closed the door behind her. Crystal lit candles and prepared to communicate with the other side. She was ready; she said her chants, and everything was silent.

"Is there anyone here?"

There was no response. "Ronald Sr, Louise, are you both in this room?"

Nothing.

"Is the evil spirit here?"

Suddenly, the planchette moved. "Hello, Crystal."

This made the young woman still for a moment. "Hello, whoever you are. I've returned. Are you happy?"

"Yes."

"I've come here to see if any DeFeo family are in this house. Tell me, are any of them still trapped here?"

"No."

Crystal couldn't bring herself to trust in the spirit. She felt as if it was playing games with her. Crystal read that evil spirits will trick anyone who contacts them. However, she wanted to know the spirit's motive and what it was. "My friend Adan was here. Did you have something to do with it?"

"Almost."

This confused Crystal. "What do you mean?"

The planchette moved. "Memories."

This confused her even more. "Memories? What are you talking about?"

The planchette began to scurry all over the board. Crystal was confused, but then she felt a painful headache; her heart was beating rapidly. She felt like she was losing control of her body; she became weak. To her shock, Crystal was floating mid-air, above the board. The young woman wanted to scream for Bobby but felt powerless. Her eyes turned to the back of her head. She lost consciousness.

Suddenly, Crystal woke up. Her heart was beating rapidly. "Wh-What the hell was that!? Bobby!?" She looked around but realized that she was still in the room, but something was off. The room looked occupied. The young woman stood and realized that the Ouija board was no longer on the floor. Crystal slowly left the room; it was day, and the house looked lively. The house was quiet, but she kept on calling for Bobby. She got down the stairs. When getting close to a particular room, the door suddenly opened.

Crystal's eyes were wide open; it was Ronald DeFeo Jr.