The Man

Adan couldn't go back to sleep even if he tried; it was pointless. He couldn't forget his dream and the man within it. It felt so natural to Adan. The man warned him that he and Crystal were in danger. "I knew we shouldn't have gone inside that house! Crystal put us in a pickle!" The man also told him that Adan had to go to the house alone.

He shook his head. "I can't go inside that house by myself! No way!"

"You are in danger! I will help you!"

Adan was shaking. Deep down, he knew that he would be in danger. The young man was scared to death but was afraid of what would happen if he didn't do what the man in his dream told him. He wondered if he should tell Crystal about it, but the man did tell him to go alone. Also, Adan held some doubt that Crystal would believe him. She would also view him as a coward like so many people. He shook his head and decided to go to the house alone.

He got dressed and called for a Lyft since he had the app. Adan quietly exited the house and waited for his ride to arrive. The car arrived ten minutes later, and Adan went to his destination. It was still cold and dark outside when he finally arrived at the house. The Lyft driver left. Adan couldn't help but feel cold as he looked at the house. He took a deep breath and slowly walked towards the house. With every step he took, a feeling of dread overcame him. He wanted to turn back, but he wanted to know what his dream meant.

The young man finally made it to the front door of the house. He got a hold of the doorknob and turned it, but it was locked. Adan let out a sigh of relief. "What am I doing? It was just a dream. I need..." He was interrupted when the doorknob moved, and the door slowly opened. This frightened the young man. On the other side, there was nothing but darkness. Adan felt his legs shaking and weak. "I want to go home."

Suddenly, a force pulled Adan inside the house and shut the door. He fell onto the floor. "What the hell was-?" An invisible force pulled his legs up and began to drag him to a different part of the house. Adan screamed in terror as he was pulled by a force he couldn't see. 

The house's interior was dark, but he felt he had hit the walls and furniture. With what little Adan could see, he saw a door open and was being taken into it. Before he was forcibly taken to the room, he got a hold of the wall, trying to pull himself out of the grip, but it was useless. Adan was taken down to the room. His head hit the first step so hard that he lost consciousness.

Time went by, and Adan woke up. "Ow, my head. What happened?" He slowly sat up and regained consciousness. His eyes widened as he realized his surroundings resembled his dream. "I'm here again!? What the hell!?"

"Hello, Adan," said a masculine voice. 

Adan cringed as he slowly looked behind him. It was the man from his dream. "Y-You again!?"

The man let out a small smile. "Indeed. I did tell you to arrive at the house. Forgive me, but I had to hide you as quickly as possible. Forgive me if I frightened you."

"So it was you who pulled me!? You're the poltergeist!?"

The man motioned out his hands. "Please calm thyself. I had to take you in before the evil could see you."

Adan let out a sigh. "Okay, so how did I arrive here? I thought I was in the house."

"You are, only in body, but I used part of my powers to be inside your mind. It takes a lot of energy, but it is all I can think of. You released an evil once again. You both are in danger, and I am here to help you."

"How?"

The man let out a sigh. "First, I must tell you how it all began."

Adan raised an eyebrow. "So, the hauntings and all that has happened in the house began with you? Who are you?"

The man let out a sad smile. "I will tell you all. I am Samuel, and this is my story."