Determine

Adan was in his room, looking at maps and pictures of the Amityville house. He was showing Samuel the property and the vastness. "Yes, I remember that my body is buried in that section outside the house."

Adan sighed. "I don't know if I can go through with this. All of this is too much. I should've never come here. It was a terrible idea.

"It is too late, but think of this. Fate brought you here. You making this decision is part of fate. You were destined to put a stop to this nightmare. You must stop being a coward and face whatever challenges come your way. Besides, you shall not be alone. I will always be by your side. I also created this mess, and I must put an end to this. You will be in peace once all this is done, as will I."

"What about Crystal? Should she know? I know she will be happy to help."

"No, she mustn't know. The evil spirit seems to be attached to her. If she is involved anymore, the situation will become direr. If Crystal becomes even more involved, it will be difficult to stop this evil. However, we must call that woman the witch."

Adan let out a groan. "I almost forgot about her. I can dial the number, but I think it's best if you talk to her."

"How can I speak with her? Oh, you have those things that can speak with others instantly. What are those called again?"

"Cellphones. I  will dial the number, and you talk into it. You will hear her voice on the other end."

Adan picked up the number, and it began to ring. Samuel took over and heard the ring on the other end. He thought it fascinating how the technology worked. People had to walk, ride, or write to communicate. "Hello, Adan. I thought you might never call."

Samuel's eyes became wide when he heard her voice. However, he regained his composure. "Ah, Abeni. Forgive me for not speaking sooner. I have been rather...occupied. I imagine you've been occupied as well?"

"Ugh, tell me about it. I've been working and attending school, but your calling makes the day worthwhile. So what's up?"

"Well, I'm calling to see if we can meet in person again. I wish to speak with you."

"Look at you. You talk like an old-fashioned gentleman. Also, I would love to meet you. Where do you wanna meet?"

Samuel thought about it for a moment. "How about this? I shall meet you outside your shop to spend more time together. Let the day decide."

It was silent on the other end for a moment. "Hm, sounds good. How about tomorrow? I have homework to do. We can meet tomorrow at 8 pm."

"It is no trouble. I shall meet you tomorrow."

Abeni hung up while Samuel looked at the phone. "Well, that went well."

"Geez, I can't believe chicks like the way you act. You would have been seen as a nice guy. Chicks here hate nice guys."

"I am a good man. I believe the trick is to be mysterious. I learned it is important to be good and not entirely nice."

"That doesn't make sense."

Samuel sighed. "It will make sense in due time. We will wait until it is dark to get my bones."

Meanwhile, Crystal was put on her bed, and Bobby sat on a chair. He couldn't stop thinking about what Crystal had told him. It was difficult for him to believe that Ronald was possessed. He was curious if what the stories said were true; Ronald could've been mentally ill. If he suffered abuse from his father, killing him would have made perfect sense, but why his entire family? Bobby saw the Ouija board. The older man always thought the Ouija boards were toys and didn't work, that the board game was nothing but superstition. 

However, he contemplated if he should believe what Crystal said. If Ronald is innocent, what would be the point? People wouldn't believe Crystal; there would always be skeptics who would always try to disprove her. Yet, she could still get the word out; some people would think Ronald DeFeo Jr. was innocent.

"Bobby."

This made the older man get out of his train of thought. "Hey, yer awake. Ya lost yer strength. How are ya feeling?"

"Weak, but I will regain it back." She was silent for a moment. "Do you believe me?"

"I-I'm tryin' it's hard to since I never experienced anything paranormal. Ya made me think of young Ronny and when I arrested him. He kept on sayin' that 'he made me do it' and 'he is in the house.'"

Crystal slowly sat up, even though her body felt heavy. "He? So it's male."

Bobby was silent for a moment. "I guess. I didn't know what he meant, but it might be possible. In history, most of the paranormal and supernatural have been male figures. It would make sense."

The young woman was thoughtful. "In the vision, I saw how Ronald was abused by his dad, and he tried to protect his mom and siblings. Yet, his mother was an instigator. I can't believe that Ronald went through so much. He used an Ouija board to communicate with something."

Bobby was quiet. 

"Whatever Ronald communicated tricked him into getting control over his body. I think this thing has been in the house for a while, and it's trying to get out." Crystal massaged her forehead. "Maybe that's what Ronald meant. I think whatever possessed Ronald was trying to get out of the house."

"If that's the case, why hasn't it tried with me or other tourists?"

Crystal shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know entirely. However, I researched that evil spirits tend to go to the most vulnerable."

Bobby sighed. "If what ya say is true, then it's best ya stay out of it. Ya have been through enough. Now rest up, and I gotta go do some other work." The older man walked out of the room, leaving Crystal alone.

"I can walk away, but there's no guarantee that it may or may not happen again. I have to find out what this is and if there is a way to stop this."