Trapped

Honey Ilona

"No" he shook his head and let go off my wrist. I pulled it back to my body and blinked at him.

He's kidding?

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because I don't want too" he shrugged, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"I can't just leave her. She'll last two days without me. She's a house dog, if she finds her way outside then she'll get hit by a car or get attacked by a bigger dog, she could freeze to death or she could fall down a drain. She could die! Do you really want a dead dog on your Conscience—"

"If I help you will you shut up?" He snapped, running a hand through his neat locks before ruffling them to the side "Your voice is killing me" he mumbled.

What's that supposed to mean?

"Sure" I breathed out, closing my eyes to calm myself down. I now had to spend my day off looking for my dog with my boss who hates my guts.

Great.

"Right" he said before walking past me and down that hallway "Are you coming?" I blinked and shook my head, getting myself back in order.

"Yeah" I said before trialing close behind him.

"Alena!" I called out. We had been looking for about an hour and she was just no where, we had been all over the other floors and we were currently exploring the third, the one that was closed off.

It was dark, the only light came from the lightly curtained windows every so often. The air smelt of moth balls and the carpet was dusty, the walls had different streaks of paint scattered upwards and every piece of furniture we passed was covered with a white sheet or plastic wrap.

"Alena!" I called out again, my voice voicing off the walls and echoing down the hallways "Alena, come!" I whistled and still nothing "Shit" I cursed, taking a right turn and being met with a dead end.

Just a door, opened the slightest with a brick to prevent it from closing completely. I felt Mr Malfoy close behind me but he hadn't said a word, just following each turn I took And the occasional snicker.

"Maybe she's in here?" I said to myself, wrapping my hand around the handle and pulling my hardest to completely open the heavy wooden door. I grunted and managed to pull it open.

I walked into the dark room. It seemed to be some sought of hall. The floor was a newly polished wood, the walls stood tall and each sound I made echoed through out the room. There was a small stage at the other end of the room, each painting on the wall was covered by a sheet and furniture stacked on top of each other.

"Alena" I called out, not needing to be that loud since the hall elevated my speech. Mr Malfoy stood back as I walked into the dimly lit room, standing in between the door while I continued to call out for my dog "Alena"

And then finally I heard her bark. My eyes lit up as I turned around and looked to my left, seeing her perched up on the top of a bunch of chairs, stacked on each other.

"Alena" I breathed out, running across the room "How did you get up there!?" I looked up and saw her as she panted slightly, her leash still clipped onto her collar.

I stood on my top toes and still couldn't reach her. I cursed "Stay right here, Alena" I said sternly before turning around and walking back to Mr Malfoy.

"So?" He asked.

"I found her" I said "But she's managed to climb her way on top of those chairs and I can't reach her" I said as I pointed over to where she was. Mr Malfoy groaned.