20 Questions

Honey Ilona

It felt like hours.

Sitting silently in a dark room, my head pushed back against the wall as Alena softly snored on my lap. I played with my thumbs as I looked up and saw that it was still light outside.

I had no clue how long we had been in here for as there was no clock and I didn't have my phone. I could of asked Mr Malfoy but I didn't wanna talk to him and it seemed as though he didn't wanna talk to me either.

Every now and then I could hear his steps walk around or the click of his phone as he typed—I'm not sure who he was typing too because there was no reception but I guess there was no harm in trying.

I sighed and carefully pushed Alena off my lap. Seeing her still fast asleep, I stood to my feet and stretched my muscles. I was gonna be in here for a while so why not explore a little bit.

There was dozens of furniture covered and paintings hung high. Every time I pulled a sheet, dust partials flew up my nose and made me sneeze. Each piece of furniture was more common then the last, nothing I uncovered was interesting. There was a couple of lounges, a piano, a set of draws and even a fridge.

I huffed standing in the middle of the room and trying to think of something to do until another piece of furniture in the corner of the room caught my eye. It was still covered by a white sheet and I couldn't help but wonder how I didn't notice it before.

I furrowed my eyes brows and walked up to it, It stood tall, much taller then I was. I tugged on the sheet and let it fall to the ground. I took a large step back so the sheet wouldn't fall on top of me and coughed as the amount of dust that fell of was astonishing.

Once it cleared a bit and was safe to open my eyes, I gasped. It seemed to be some sort of cabinet? I had never seen one of these before—at least I think so. The wood was a dark oak and something felt odd, like it was seeping with negative energy.

Dark magic.

I frowned and reached my hand out to caress the Latin carvings on the door. Something about this Cabinet just seemed so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Don't touch that" I flinched and jumped back, clutching my racing heart as I looked at Mr Malfoy standing behind me.

"Why? What is it?" I asked, stepping back so he could step forward.

"It's a vanishing cabinet" he said, not looking at me but up at the furniture that was even taller then him.

"Vanishing cabinet?" I had never heard of one of those before "What the hell is a Vanishing cabinet?"

"That's a Vanishing cabinet" he said, taking his and out of his pocket and pointing.

"Obviously" I scoffed "I mean, what is it? What does it do?"

"Well, A pair of Vanishing Cabinets will act as... like, a passage between two places. If you put something in one, it will appear in the other. They were really popular in 1970, the first wizarding war but went, kind of extinct after that" he explained.

"How do you know that?" I asked curiously.

He sucked in a breath, parting his lips to say something but deciding against it and shrugging "I read about it in a book"

I nodded, looking back at the 'Vanishing Cabinet' and then I realised.

"Wait—" I gasped "I've seen one of these before!" I laughed "We had one in the room of requirement at Hogwarts"

He snapped his head towards me, looking alarmed in a way "H-How do you know that?"

"During my sixth year I used to use the room of requirement as sort of an escape place. All the trinkets and old stuff used to amuse me. I spent almost the whole year trying to repair a music box" I laughed "Never did get it fix it but it took my mind off... things"