My Boss Is A Massive Asshole

Honey Ilona

I woke up to the soft yellow rays of sun biting against my cheeks through my open curtain. I turned to my side and nestled my face into the my pillow, listening to the morning birds chirp quietly until I remembered.

Remembered who was in my living room.

I groaned and tossed myself onto my back. I prayed that he wasn't still here, I really didn't feel like taking an ear full of how he regretted what happened and that he didn't mean any of it, i didn't feel like getting my heart broke right now.

I let myself sit up and stretch, feeling the muscles of my back crack and twist as I did so. I let myself relax before tossing the covers off my body and swinging to the side of my bed, me feet dangling off and touching the warm carpet.

I stood to my feet and looked around, seeing Alena wasn't in here. She must of slept out there with Mr Malfoy. I didn't know what it was but she really seemed to like him, warm up to him quicker then she had even done me.

I walked over to my door and placed my hand on the handle, preparing myself for the likes possibility that he was still out there and awake. I took a deep breath before twisting the metal and pulling open the door.

I took a few steps into the maiden living area and saw he was still here—thankfully, still asleep. I let myself untense slightly and walk silently into the kitchen.

I was carefully to step on floor boards I knew wouldn't creak as I made my way towards the sink, pulling out a cup as quietly as possible and pouring myself some water.

I leant myself on the counter and looked into the living room, watching his chest rise and drop with his soft snores. I noticed Alena curled underneath his arm, cuddled asleep into his side. I smiled, this sight was so pleasing and almost made me forget that he was a complete prick.

I saw the tv was still on at a low volume, playing some muggle news channel in the background of what I would consider silence.

I breathed out slowly, careful not to be so loud and wake him from what looked like such a peaceful sleep.

"What have I told you about staring?" I heard him mumble, so inaudible that I didn't even notice his lips move. He didn't shift in his position or open his eyes as any indication that he was awake.

I cleaned my throat and stood up properly, placing my glass on the counter with a soft clink.

"Good morning" I smiled and finally watched his lips twitch upwards.

"Is it?" He smirked. Even half asleep, he was a sarcastic shit.

"Ha" I rolled my eyes and turned around to the freezer, opening the small ice draw and popping a cube in my mouth. I turned back around and to my surprise, he was now up and leaning against the other side of the counter "Uh... there is coffee over there and help yourself to anything if you're hungry. Painkillers in the medicine cabinet above the microwave"

"What the heck is a microwave?" He rose an eye brow.

"Seriously?" I chuckled "You don't know what a microwave is?"

He shrugged.

"Over there" I pointed towards the microwave on the bench, tucked into the corner "You use to to reheat food or make hot chocolate"

"Why not use magic?" He asked curiously.

"I like the way muggles do some things" I shrugged "Not everything has to be done using magic. You'll actually find that most thing are done easier without magic"