Chapter 3

So You're Going to Live With That Dickhead?

Amy

"All I want is a place to call my own to mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone whoa! You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low!"

"WILL YOU SHUT YOUR SHIT MUSIC UP FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

"WHY DON'T YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH, JERK!"

"OOH 'JERK' IS THAT THE ONLY SWEAR WORD YOU KNOW?!"

"NO! SO SHUT UP YOU SON OF A B-"

"BOYS!"

What a great way to wake up. Birds chirping, sun pouring through the window, people screaming bloody murder. Just wonderful.

Amy rolled onto the other side to face the nightstand with the blue digital clock sitting on top.

06:32

She was currently lying on the warm comfortable guest room bed in the guest room of the Adams' home. Wrapped up in white sheets and a cream duvet cover.

Malory had said after dinner the night before that she could decorate the room to her fancy but for now Amy kept the cream walls bare.

The evening before had been quite eventful. Charlie did eventually stop crying and Matt did eventually get grounded for screaming "Shut up you big baby! The fat unicorn probably ate your stupid friend 'cause she's so annoying and odds are the unicorn will probably eat you too which will be doing us all a big favour!"

That exclamation all but helped the situation.

"AMY IS SLEEPING AND YOU TWO ARE BEING INCREDIBLY LOUD!" Malory practically screamed the house down. Amy was pretty sure the penguins in Antarctica weren't shivering from the cold but from Malory's icy tone.

"Well, I'm up now." Amy said quietly to herself pulling her body into a sitting position. She patted her hair down in attempt of taming the curly mess but her efforts were to no avail.

She padded her way across the dark hardwood floor to the door of the bedroom, reaching for the handle and poking her head out of the room. Amy didn't know what she was expecting to see but it wasn't Malory with curlers dangling from her hair chasing after Charlie who had a towel tied around her neck screaming something about the power of Super Princesses while in her purple pyjamas.

Nor was she expecting to see Jude and Matt at each other's throats batting and hitting each other with foam fingers that said 'No.1 FAN' on them.

Quite the sight to witness. Amy wasn't really sure what to do. What was someone meant to do in this situation?

"Look Mom! You see?! You woke her up." Matt said to his mother who had stopped chasing Charlie to scowl at him. Her expression softened drastically when she turned to face Amy.

"I'm so sorry dear," she apologised,"I didn't- we didn't mean to wake you. How did you sleep?"

"Like a rock! The bed is really comfy Amy informed with a faint smile plastered on her face.

"Umm... what time do you guys usually leave the house for school?" Amy asked trying to focus her attention on Malory and not on the fact that Charlie was doing forward rolls and cartwheels on the upstairs landing in purple pyjamas with a towel cape tied to her.

"7:30, if we can manage it, but as you can see, the Adams don't really do mornings." Malory chuckled while pulling out a curler that was almost about to fall out.

"Okay, so is it breakfast before or after getting dressed?" Amy asked.

"After. You can get ready honey and come down for breakfast when you're done." Malory replied.