Chapter 17

Amy

Why?

Why did the rest of the Adams family have to barge into the front door when her and Jude were barely an inch away from locking lips.

WHY?

'Just my luck' Amy thought sourly.

But would it have been a good idea to kiss Jude? Did Jude even WANT to kiss her? He didn't pull back, in fact he was leaning in, plus they were both completely sober this time. All good signs. However Malory would surely object to their kiss. You can't have a pair of hormonal teenagers who are dating living under the same roof. It's any parent's nightmare.

Parents.

At least Malory cared about her kids and Frank always smiled and joked with them. Amy wished her parents were still like that...

But enough wallowing in self pity, it was Saturday. Time to be grateful for completing all her homework in free periods.

Amy was staring up at the cream ceiling of her bedroom, still tucked tightly in the warm encasements of covers. Late Saturday mornings were great. The house was always silent on Saturdays.

Lovely.

She sat up and slid out of bed so she could take a quick little shower and get dressed.

While standing in a purple bathrobe deliberating what to wear for a casual Saturday, Amy's train of thought was interrupted by a light string of knocks on her door.

"Come in!" She said brightly. Surprisingly upbeat for someone who was interrupted when half a second away from kissing Jude Adams.

She turned to face the door as it opened to see Malory slowly opening the door. But Malory looked far from healthy. Her skin was pale and around her eyes dark. She was wearing a large grey bathrobe and hunched forward slightly clutching her stomach.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" Amy asked worriedly rushing over to Malory still in her towel.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I just think I may have caught a touch of food poisoning along with everyone who went out to dinner yesterday." Malory answered weakly.

"You should get back in bed, I can bring you a glass of water and some-"

"Don't worry honey. It's nothing too bad. Just an upset stomach."

"Still, I think you should get some rest."

"I will, it's just that I wanted to ask you a small favour."

"Of course, anything," Amy nodded.

"Would you mind doing the grocery shopping for me? I can give you a list. You can bring Jude as well so he can give you a lift and also help. Tell him his grounding is paused for today but resumes tomorrow."

"Yeah sure." Amy smiled.

Malory pulled out a small white piece of paper from the pocket at the front of her robe and handed it to Amy.

"Here's the list." Malory smiled meekly.

Amy skimmed down the list and nodded.

"Got it," She grinned "I'll get dressed then get Jude so we can go."

"Thank you so much, Amy, I really appreciate it." Malory smiled gratefully.

"No problem, anything I can do to help."

With that said, Malory retreated from the bedroom door frame to her own room.

Amy quickly threw on a pair of dark jeans and a light blue sweater then headed to Jude's room.