Chapter 12

Amy

"IT'S TIME TO PARTAY! AND PARTY HARD!" Alissa cheered through the phone.

Amy was getting ready for the long awaited, much anticipated, previously dated Max Crawford house party. She was straightening her hair while face timing Alissa who was putting on her makeup.

"This week flew by! I can't believe the party's already here!" Amy smiled excitedly.

"Oh my God I'm gonna dance until I need to have my feet surgically reattached to my legs!" Alissa sang.

Amy laughed and finished straightening her last strip of hair.

Wow. She looked really different without her mad curls but she kind of liked straight hair once in a while.

"ALISSA WHERE ARE MY BLACK PANTS!" Amy heard a male voice shout from Alissa's side of the phone line.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD I HAVE YOUR PANTS, ELI?" Alissa screamed back at her twin.

Amy heard Alissa's bedroom door open and saw Eli emerge from behind Alissa wearing only navy blue boxers.

"Eli go away!" Alissa yelled standing up and shoving him. "I'm face timing Amy and she doesn't wanna see your ugly face on the screen!"

Eli looked at the screen and winked.

"'Sup Amy? You coming tonight?" He asked.

"You bet I am!" Amy smiled.

"Okay now you can get the hell out of my room, Eli!" Alissa shouted still shoving Eli but failing since he was much taller and stronger than her.

"Do you have my pants?" He asked his sister.

"No, like I said before; NO!" Alissa said looking irritated.

Ah, the joys of twin brothers.

"Fine." Eli said and left.

Amy heard a door shut and saw Alissa sit back on her chair in front of her vanity table staring into the mirror and resuming the application of her makeup. Alissa sighed as she put on her eyeliner.

"ALI, WHERE'S MY SHIRT?" Eli yelled.

Alissa started in fright which made her hand slip and her eyeliner went crooked.

"For fuck's sake!" She cursed. "Amy, I'll call you back. I have a brother who needs to be killed."

"No problem I'll talk to you in a bit." Amy smiled.

Alissa said her goodbyes and hung up.

Amy hadn't talked to Jude properly since he walked in on her. Every time she tried to initiate conversation he would scratch his neck and look away with a slight blush on his cheeks. But at the moment Amy had a dumb, crazy, stupid idea and she had to ask Jude something.

She stood up with a fluffy long bathrobe tied firmly around her. She left her room and knocked on Jude's door.

"Come in." Amy heard Jude say. She opened the door and saw Jude lying on his bed with his laptop resting on his stomach. When he saw Amy he pushed the laptop to the side and sat up with his legs off the bed and his feet planted on the floor. He rested his elbows on his knees and looked up.

"What would you say if I asked you to go to a party with me?" Amy asked.

"I'd say no," Jude answered.

"What if I said please?"

"I'd still say no."

"Please?"