O-S Pancake Mornings (Licorice & Poison Mushroom)

Licorice woke up gradually, fazing in and out of being in the state of limbo between asleep and awake. Just as he was about to go back to sleep, he felt a warm breath on the side of his face. This puzzled him.

When he opened one of his eyes, he was met with two wide ones staring back at him. "JEEsus Christ, Shroomy, you scared me!" He lunged forward grabbing the giggling little kid and carefully tackling them to the bed. "We don't watch people while they sleep, you should know that," he laughed.

"But I was lonelyyyyy," Poison Mushroom whined. "And I made breakfast!"

At first, Licorice's heart melted. Then, he processed the rest of the sentence. Finally, he was alarmed.

"You...made breakfast?"

"Yeah!"

"What did you make?"

"Pancakes!"

"Using what?"

"The ingredients!"

They did not have the ingredients to make pancakes.

"Ok..." He gave them a skeptical look, but allowed them to get up and followed them into the kitchen.

"See? Pancakes!"

They did not make pancakes. There, on the table was the cutest thing Licorice had ever seen. Two plates set up, each had a few cut out pieces of paper on them. One circle colored orange, a spiky explosion shape colored brown, and a small rectangle colored yellow. Licorice smiled and picked them up by under their armpits, shaking them around as they both giggled. He kissed their cheek, then put them up on his shoulders. "Those are beautiful. You're an incredible chef. How about we go get some real pancakes, though?"

"YEAHHHH!"

Needless to say, it was one of the better days for the two.