O-S Dark Enchantress: The Mom (Licorice x Clover)

A/N: HAHAHAHAHA OK SO LAST CHAPTER I WAS GIVEN SOME INSPIRATION IN THE COMMENT SECTION, SO NOW ENJOY SINGLE MOM DARK ENCHANTRESS TRYING TO GET TO KNOW HER SON AND LICORICE IS THERE ALSO-

"CHILDREN! GATHER 'ROUND, GATHER 'ROUND!" She gestured for her favorite henchmen to come forwards. "I HAVE SOMEONE TO INTRODUCE TO YOU ALL!" Dark Enchantress stepped out of the way, revealing a young man with white hair. "THIS IS MY SON, CLOVER!"

"Hi," he said, waving shyly. "I'm...Clover..."

Licorice's eyes widened. Dark Enchantress had a son? That wasn't him? How could this be? Why did he look so...elf-like?

He scowled, jealousy pouring through his veins, oozing like honey, spreading like poison. Red Velvet was the first to say anything, and he chose his words carefully.

"What the fuck?"

"My thoughts exactly," said Pomegranate.

"Why do you look so... not evil?" Red Velvet held on to Chiffon's leash, trying to keep him from running up and sniffing the new guy.

"Well, I suppose it's because I'm not!" Clover shrugged. "I don't think anyone is!"

"I am," said Licorice, crossing his arms.

"I'm sure you have a good reason for doing bad." Clover smiled at him.

"What if I don't?"

"I can tell you do."

Licorice huffed and looked away. Poison Mushroom tugged on his robes and gave him a big smile. "I like him," they said.

"I don't."

"Hey Clover! Do you want some shroomies?" They ran over, handing him a purple mushroom.

"Don't eat them," whispered Dark Enchantress. "They're poisonous. The kid gets sad if you don't take them, though."

"Thank you, little guy!" Clover pocketed the mushroom and nodded to the kid who was now dancing to no music.

***

"I'm sorry I didn't reach out sooner," said a muffled voice. "It's just... you remind me of my past... someone I used to be... someone I used to love..."

Licorice knew he shouldn't be listening in, but his jealousy outweighed his morals.

"It's alright. Honestly, I love my life. It was tough when I was a little younger, but I've figured myself out." Clover chuckled.

"I'm so glad. How's your brother?"

"Custard? Oh. Not great. He thinks he's a king, walking around in a cape made out of construction paper. I don't want to tell him the truth yet. He doesn't know who I am to him."

"So he has his mother's ambition?"

"It's safe to say yes."

"Good." She sighed. "You don't have to be evil to make me proud. Just be the best version of you."

Licorice had about had enough. His hand hovered over the door knob as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. Never once had she said that to him.

"While you're here, I'd like for you to get to know one of my best soldiers. I think you'd be good for him, honestly." She laughed. "Knowing him, he should be lurking around outside that door somewhere listening in. LICORICE! COME IN, DEAR!"

His blood ran cold. Reluctantly, he turned the knob and dragged himself inside, too embarrassed to look at them.

"Ah, see. There he is. Licorice, darling, you've met Clover, right? Good. I'd like you two to talk."

"Hello again, Licorice!" Clover walked over and hugged him, taking him by surprise.

"H-h-hey..."

"Awww, I forgot to mention he stutters when he's nervous." Dark Enchantress rested her head in her hand as she watched the two of them. "Now, now Licorice. Don't be shy. Take Clover somewhere nice. I'll pay for your date."

"What?!"

"Just go along with it," he whispered in Licorice's ear. "Free food plus a new friend."

"O-o-ok. Uhhhh... I guess I'm going on a date today- I would've prepared if I had known..." He gave them both a nervous smile.

"Welcome to the family, Clover. You're going to have to make the first moves."

Licorice squeaked in embarrassment, then quickly rushed Clover out of there. "Bye, see you later Dark Enchantress." He waved over his shoulder as the doors shut behind them, then let out a long breath. "I'm so sorry."

"No, I'm sorry!" Clover giggled. "This is so odd!"

"Yeah, well. We can discuss it over that date I owe you," he said. "Follow me."