O-S A Family of Our Own (OC x Red Velvet)

A/N: A one-shot for the impeccable @Night_time_madness
This is staring their OC Loft House Cookie!

Loft smiled softly as she ran her fingers through the soft, blonde hair of Custard. "So, what did you do today," she asked in a whisper.

He yawned out, "Ginger and I went on an adventure."

"Oh really? Did you guys have fun?"

"Yeah," he said sleepily.

"Mmm, how about you tell me all about it tomorrow when you get up?" She kissed him on the head and tucked him in. "Good night."

"Good night, Loft."

She stood up with a sigh, then walked to the doorway, giving one last glance over to Custard. A strong pair of arms wrapped around her waist as Red Velvet leaned his head on her shoulder. He huffed, looking over at his youngest. "This really is a bit of a problem, isn't it?"

"Not a problem too big to not worth solving," she replied. "Besides, Espresso will never tell anyone. He's too busy." She snickered at her own joke. "We're safe, Vel."

"Are we?" He pulled her back, closing Custard's door. "Your friends are looking for me," he whispered. "Custard and Pancake are terrible at keeping secrets.... Espresso is falling in love with a fucking KNIGHT COMMANDER of all things!" Velvet shook his head, wandering over to the couch and plopping down like a rag doll. "If he finds out, we're done for. You may be a hell of a woman, but you're also a traitor. This... what we have... our family... it's treasonous."

Loft clutched the handle of her sword, before unclenching her fist and relaxing her muscles. "I've got this. Have faith in me."

"Always, dear." Red Velvet sighed. "But only so much is possible."

"I'll be back by dawn. You needn't worry anymore. Our family is safe." She gave him a kiss and left before he could argue.

Time to frame Dark Choco for a tragic murder that never happened. They'd stop looking for her husband if they thought he was dead.