ꕤthreeꕤ

My breath hitch. So its true! There really is a killer.

Dani, Sohee and Jaehyuk started talking about the serial killer again as my throat got dry at the thought of my stalker again.

Maybe I should tell them.

"Guys..."

They look at me with their eyebrows falling down, eyes full of curiousity.

"...I'm going to the toilet"

I couldn't tell them. They look at me confusedly as I stumble on my step and ran out.

I know my action surprised them but I was not okay.

I ran to the toilet and look at myself in the mirror. In my head I saw the same silhoutte at the back of me and got startled making me shriek and look back at the empty unused toilet seat.

I splash water on my face before making my way back and remain suspicious for the rest of the day.

Even after the school ended, nobody could use the chance to ask me what was wrong as I made my way straight towards the police station.

I don't know how I ended up in front of two police officers and haven't move my lips for a couple of minutes.

"Student, do you have something to say?"

They asked me for the tenth time and I open my mouth slowly.

"I-is it true...", I ask as my eyes never leave the ground.

"True wha..."

"The serial killer! Is it true?"

This time I look up making them gulp before clearing their throat and try to give me a reassuring smile.

"Oh that! You don't have to worry about it. The police are patrolling every street at night..."

"What time...what time does the murder happened?"

"Hey student, look its..."

"WHAT TIME?"

I scream and they seems to be startled.

"Dont raise your voice at police officers young lady, you might end up behind the bar for tonight".

"Please just tell me. I'm scared. I'm scared of this person following me around every night! What if I ended up dead too? Will you take responsibility?"

Their eyes widen as they take out a notebook and pen, suddenly interested in my stories.

I told them everything that has been happening to me for more than a week and after noting everything down, they gave me a small paper.

Detective Jang Hyunho

01-27107244

"Call this number as soon as you are followed again"

Really? That's all? After I told them everything. Maybe they're waiting for me to be killed first and take action.

"Fine!"

I say and take the paper before stomping out, rolling my eyes as I do so.

Useless

It was already dark but I'm not scared for some reason.

I walk home but this time it felt empty, I turn around and there was no one.

Maybe they know I went to the police so they are staying low.

I reach my house empty heartedly for the first time and I don't even know why.