ꕤsixteenꕤ

Just as I was about to get out from the washroom, I heard two male grown ups talking outside the male's washroom.

"I don't think Chief is doing the right thing"

"But what can we do about it? The higher up wanted the killer as fast as possible"

"But what if the guy we have right now isn't really the killer? Then more people will die right?"

"Let's just keep quiet for now, we don't want to lose our job"

I scoff. I knew something was wrong with their investigation and Detective Jang. That old hag just wanted to arrest someone even if they are not the killer. I bet he's only doing this to get promotions.

I came back to the front desk and thought I'd just give up but their new response surprise me.

"You can go and see him, but only for 10 minutes okay? You have to go before Chief Jang arrive"

Maybe they let me in because they're feeling guilty. Well they should be because they have an innocent man inside the bar right now.

My feet take me to where a blonde was sitting in the corner. However I couldn't reach further because there was a bar between us.

"Sahi..."

He look up slowly, the corner of his lips were starting to heal but some parts of his face were still bruise and purple.

I clench my fist as I didn't want to cry in front of him. He slowly stood up and walk towards me.

"Junghee...it wasn't..."

"I know Sahi, I know. And we are going to get you out of here"

He suddenly cry making me unable to hold my tears as well. We hug and comfort each other through the bars but it was still enough to warm both of our hearts.

Asahi is a quiet and shy boy with no friends from what I assume. When he finally open up one night about how he didn't want to came outside on day time because there are too many people and he felt like they are judging him was hurting me the whole time.

I wanted to let him know that there are still good people and he will know it, when he is out of here.

I can't believe the same law which is made to protect people is currently hurting an innocent migrant who only came here to get a better life. If the law can't protect him, then we will.

I still had tears in my eyes when I left the Police Station and quickly dial Jeongwoo's number which he gave me the other day.

"Call the others, we're going to Plan B"