Chp-40

Author Pov

Valerie stood near the window stared outside of it as her doe green eyes shined brightly with happiness. She blinked as a small smile appeared on her lips placing her tiny palms on the vast glass of the window.

Rain. One of the beautiful acts of God. It was raining outside heavily plus it was summer which was urging her inner kid just run outside and enjoy it but her fears restricted her from doing so.

Raindrops were rapidly hitting the glass window making her feel chilly already. She smiled at the foggy and blurry view.

She flinched a little when she felt a presence beside her. She turned her head to the side and instantly shot the person a small smile which melt his insides but he kept his cold face on.

He was leaning against the wall beside the window standing sideways as his body was facing Valerie. He stared at her beautiful face which had a small smile showing how much she likes the rain.

He was wearing a long-sleeved shirt that was clinging to his buff body. He crossed his arms against his hard chest and spare a second glance at the foggy window before turning his head towards the girl who was staring at the rain innocently.

He admired her beautiful face as she did the same regarding the rain outside. The innocence and excitement her eyes showed while staring at the rain made his heart just melt away.

"You like rain?" His deep voice entered her ears making her nod her head.

"The weather is so beautiful." She said making him hum in agreement while staring at her.

"It is." He said nonchalantly as his eyes were stuck at the adorable innocence her face was screaming as she admired the view.

"Rainy day in summer used to be the best day in the orphanage for us. Kids and I used to play in rain and no one ever stopped us." She said shooting an angelic smile at Sinister who couldn't help but let his expressions soften as well.

"Then what's stopping you? Go and play." He said staring at her with a soft gaze. Soon a frown took place on his forehead when her small smile started fading slowly.

"It scares me." She said making him tilt his head in confusion.

"Why?" Valerie took a sharp breath.

"Master." She whispered almost inaudibly but Sinister heard her making him clench his jaw. He closed his eyes sighing internally. Of course, that bastard has left nothing for her to be happy.

He had dug himself in her every happy moment in a painful way that whenever something gives her happiness it turns into sadness because of the memory he had drilled in her mind.

Valerie didn't want to tell Sinister of what Xavier had done to her. And why not she feels disgusted remembering what he had done to her. Sinister also understood her tremor and decided to not question her.

Valerie once was walking in the garden and suddenly rain started pouring heavily. She ran inside but as the garden was too vast she got wet completely. And Xavier was unluckily at home.

He saw her condition and lust took the best control of him. He took her to his balcony and forced her while the rain was continuously attacking them saying that it's her punishment for seducing him. That day he forced himself on her in a heavy rain making her scared of it as well.

Sinister stared at her as silence engulfed them. He didn't like how her beautiful smile disappeared and how her excitement got replaced with only sadness.

Her green eyes weren't throwing excitement at the view anymore. Only sadness. He licked his lips not liking how her face lost its excitement.

She flinched when he grabbed her tiny wrist in his hand. "Come with me." Valerie frowned and tried to protest but he ignored her and started pulling her with him.