Chp-42

Author Pov

"Woman, will you stop looking at me like that?" Sinister said avoiding Valerie's innocent yet sad eyes. Even her lips were curved into a little pout showing her sadness and disapproval at his sudden news of leaving her.

Sinister didn't want to go but he had no other option. He didn't want to leave her alone till that monster is in her search but he had no other choice. The project he was offered was so damn important for his business.

His heart was restless at the thought of leaving Valerie here. He even tried to find ways to bring Valerie with him but it was a huge risk. She was hidden away from everyone's eyes and by taking her out he didn't want to risk anything.

This place was the safest for her. He packed his stuff. He had to stay in that city for two days and it was messing his head. He didn't want to leave her but damn he can't risk taking chances by skipping such important projects right now.

His company has just started flourishing and he can't risk it by trying to skip this important meeting. He had a hard time telling Valerie about his departure. He knew it will scare her and it did. She was so close to crying and it took a lot of time for him to convince her that she will be safe with his friend.

It's been two days when that rain incident took place and they both decided to give themselves a chance. Valerie had no idea how Sinister was even behaving so gently with her.

He had been so patient with her. He doesn't touch her except for warm and soft hugs that be before asking her if she's comfortable. Valerie tried hard to not feel guilty but she can't help it.

For her, Sinister deserves a lot better than a girl who is so afraid of any intimacy. Even though Sinister has tried his best to show her that he isn't bothered with such a less skinship with her but still it shows in his eyes that how he craves for her touch. The desire can't be hidden from his eyes when he hugs her.

And that was his action to relax himself whenever he feels like he wants her or wants to kiss her. Her scent calms his dancing beast who wants nothing but to jump on her and have his way with her but no.

He promised her to wait and he will do so. He loves how she never denies his any kind of wish. That's why he only ask her for something which wouldn't make her uncomfortable or scared of him.

"What look? I am just sad." She said looking away as he was all ready to leave for the airport. He smiled seeing how she was behaving.

He knew she was afraid of being alone but aside from her fear she looked sad. Sad of being away from him. And this thought warmed his heart up. His lovely girl didn't want to be away from him.

He hesitated but then gently placed his palm on her cheek making her look into his beautiful brown eyes. And what left Sinister surprised was she didn't flinch when he touch her. Finally a little progress.

"I will come back after two days. And trust me I am more desperate to be with you than you. But I am helpless darling." He said making her finally smile at him. She softly shook her head.

"I understand. I know you need to go don't worry. Go safely and come back." She said staring into his brown eyes. Sinister felt a warmth in his chest. A warmth of someone wishing for his safety with sincerity. Someone caring for him without asking anything in return.

"I will bring clothes and some stuff for you on my way back." He said making her shake her head.

"I don't want anything else. I just want you to come back safely to me." She whispered making him gulp down. He wanted to tell her to stop doing such things to his heart but nothing was coming out of his lips.