Chp-51

Author Pov

"I can't do this anymore." He mumbled slowly pulling his head up and looking at her with his bloodshot gaze.

"I can't stay away from you anymore." Valerie sucked on her breathing as she stared at him with her sad eyes.

He looked so broken. He looked pathetic yet his condition wrecked her heart. She gulped when he looked at her through his wet eyelashes.

"Please don't do this, my love. I am ready to wait for you. But don't push me away anymore. Give me one chance. Just one chance. Please I will die without you. I can't do this anymore." He whispered through the beautiful silent sound of raindrops.

His voice started breaking up in the end. She stared at him as tears started blurring her gaze. Taking a deep breath she took a few steps closer to him even though her heart was drumming against her chest rapidly.

She covered his kneeling figure with the umbrella kneeling down in front of him. Her knees got dirty with sand as well but she didn't care right now her every concern was fixed on him.

Feeling no raindrops hitting anymore he pulled his pale face up and found her beautiful green eyes closer to him. Her teary eyes met his bloodshot brown ones. Then she realized.

He was crying. Her eyes soften more when she witnessed tears still rolling down his cheeks but the rain was hiding his tears. It was almost like he didn't want her to witness his tears that's why he decided to face her standing in this rain.

But Valerie knew his eyes very well after all those eyes never failed to increase the love she has for him. The moment she saw his eyes she knew he had been crying.

"I missed you." She whispered making him snap his head up looking straightly in her moist smiley eyes. A sad smile appeared on her lips.

"I want to be with you but I am afraid." She confessed making him silently stare at her through his wet bangs.

She moved her small palm near his wet face as she brushed his bangs away from his eyes and caressed his cheek making him close his eyes snuggling his face in her palm.

"I am afraid of your world. I am afraid that a person like me will never be able to adjust in your world." Sinister slowly opened his eyes and looked into her sad eyes.

He held his hand up and placed it against hers that was holding the umbrella. He smiled at her.

"Just like this, I will hold your hand in every hard time. I know I failed to protect you once and your fear is justified. Your distrust of me is fair. And this time I wouldn't ask you to trust me but I will win your trust. Just say yes for the last time. Just one last chance."

He said desperately tightening his grip on her hand lessening her burden of holding the umbrella alone. She stared into his eyes silently for a minute.

His eyes were dripping with love and honesty. He indeed looked desperate but at the same time was ready to accept her every decision. Either yes or no. He will respect her decision.

"Yes." She whispered finally letting her heart win against her mind this time. For the past 6 months, she was letting her mind take every decision, and this night she wanted to give her heart one last chance just like he said. One last chance.

Sinister smiled brightly as more tears escaped his eyes colliding with wet drops of rain on his cheeks. He leaned forward making her scared as she thought he might want to kiss her and in a reflex her hand landed on his shoulder to stop him.

But instead, he placed his lips on her forehead making her shut her eyes at his soft touch. Her hand stayed on his shoulder neither did she push him nor remove her hand.