Chapter 7

Party and I had finally gotten back to base, just as the sun began to go down.  Throughout the drive, our fingers had remained intertwined, and a strange feeling of butterflies had been in my stomach. I look up at him, and the setting sun reflects off of his bright red hair, engulfing him in light.  He's beautiful.  Something about him just feels right.  Like the way his bright hazel eyes can practically see into my broken soul, and how he can instantly tell if something is wrong.  Nobody's ever been able to do that before.  And in that moment, I finally realize what Silver Shock had been telling me this whole time.  As much as I try to deny it, I am falling for Party Poison.

        I know I'm being stupid.  Within the few short weeks that I've known them, I've gotten attached to the Fabulous Four.  They've welcomed me with open arms, and treated me as one of their own.  And I've only gotten closer to Party Poison.  He's the one person that I feel I can truly trust and be vulnerable around.  

        But I know that a relationship is unrealistic.  If I were ever to get involved with Party, two scenarios could happen.  The first, and unrealistic, being that we would have a great relationship and be a normal couple, or as normal as you could be out here.  We would have our 'happily ever after,' and would eventually take down Korse and BL.  The second, more practical outcome would be that somehow Korse would figure out that we were involved, and if either of us were to ever be captured, the other would be a weakness.  BL would use us against each other, and then we would both be in danger.  And no matter how much I like Party, I couldn't do that to him.

        What am I thinking?  I shouldn't be running through all of these scenarios in my head, it's very likely that Party only sees me as a part of his team.  An ally.  He probably wants nothing to do with me in that way, and I am just being a stupid girl.

        When did this all happen?  Less than two months ago, I would barely talk to another Killjoy, and now here I am, apart of the Fabulous Five and falling for the infamous Party Poison.  When did I let this happen?  When did I  start trusting?  When did I open up?  What is happening to me?

        "Uh, Toxic?" Party says, snapping out of my daydreams.  "We're home."

        "Oh," I say, looking out of the passenger window of the trans-am.  I had let Party drive us home after Dr. D's, since I was still pretty upset after our encounter.  "Sorry, I was zoned out." 

        He chuckles lightly before opening my door for me. "C'mon, let's go."  Party puts his hand on my waist, and I let him keep it there, instead of shrugging him off like I would've just yesterday.  He seems surprised that I go with it, and leads me into the diner.

        "Hey guys! You're back!"  Ghoul yells as we walk in and slide into a booth.  "How'd it go?"

        "Um, well Toxic sure doesn't bite her tongue, let's just leave it at that," Party laughs as Kobra slides us both a can of Power Pup before sitting across from us.

        "Woah, you've got guts!" Kobra tells me, and I give him a small smile.

        "I wouldn't say that, I just don't have time for his crap," I say.  "How were the zones?  Any excitement?"

        "No, it was pretty boring, no dracs were out.  It was actually a bit strange, Zone 2 is usually crawling with them, but it was completely empty."  Jet-Star informs me.

        "No way, they must be planning something," Party says, shaking his head.  "There's always a few in Zone 2.  Are you sure?"

        "Absolutely positive.  But when have the dracs ever planned something? They're brainwashed soldiers, they can't think for their lives."  Ghoul ponders.