Chapter 23

Song to listen to while reading: Far Too Young to Die by Panic! at the Disco

Toxic Torrent's POV:

It was pure and utter mayhem.

The shots from ray guns echoed across the room, ricocheting off of every wall and crisscrossing the floor. Thick white smoke took over the atmosphere, restricting view and making it easier to confuse friend from foe. The deafening screams from confused and terrified bystanders seemed to fade into the chaos as another BL programming blasted through speakers, telling everyone to stay calm. Blood stained the floor and walls, and I could only hope and pray that it didn't belong to anyone that I cared about.

I faintly registered that Party Poison was pressed against me so that we were in our classic back to back stance. I was comforted and relieved for a fraction of a second. At least there was some familiarity that I could latch on to. I wasn't completely in the dark. Party Poison was my light to lead my way back home.

The smoke began to clear, and that's when we saw him. Korse stood towering over the bodies of his fallen dracs, a bloodthirsty look on his face.

We had obviously managed to thoroughly bother him. Piss off Korse? I could check that off of my bucket list!

Party Poison managed to turn us around so that I was now behind him, his arm outstretched to push me farther back, as if he were protecting me.

As soon as he began to speak, the draculoids all ceased fire in order to give him their full attention. "Aw, how sweet!" Korse taunted. "The 'fearless' leader of the Killjoys trying to save his little girlfriend! I must say, I am quite impressed how quickly she recovered from her little stay here, aren't you?" Party's grip on me tightened. "She wasn't supposed to recover. But I guess she was stronger than we thought. Don't worry though, this time we'll make sure she stays happy."

"What do you mean this time?" Party Poison hissed, and I saw it as perfect opportunity to draw out my ray gun. I took aim at his chest, counted to three to steady myself, and- "THE GIRL!" I heard Korse yell, and was hit down by a drac. My gun clattered out of my hands, but not before an echoing shot rang out. I wrestled with the drac on top of me, fighting for dominance as he recklessly fought against me. I hit him with a final right hook, and he fell to the floor unconscious. I grabbed my fallen gun and shot him in the chest, just for extra security.

I looked up, hoping to find the dead body of Korse, but was severely let down. Instead, there was a small pool of blood, and no Korse. I guessed that I shot his arm or something, and he fled. Coward. He would have to come back sooner or later.

It was only a matter of minutes before he reappeared, another fleet of dracs behind him, gun in hand. The six of us stood in our normal positions. Jet Star and Silver Shock stood side-by-side, Party and I back to back, and Ghoul and Kobra next to each other, as they really didn't have any technique. As Fun Ghoul once told me "You shoot accurately and hope for the best, there's nothing more to it."

All Hell broke loose once again, and the multicolored carbons shot through the air, praying that they would hit their desired targets. Korse uttered a curse before looking more malicious than ever. He took aim, and shot directly at Jet-Star.

"NO!" Silver Shock screamed as she jumped directly in front on Jet, blocking him. The carbon entered her chest, and a large bloodstain appeared on her silver jacket, slowly spreading as she fell to the ground. A strangled cry fell from her lips and she lay in a crumpled heap on the floor, right in front of Jet.

Jet-Star fell down next to her, screaming at the sky. "No, no, no... Silver!" He muttered, desperately trying to revive her. I knew that I was in the middle of a war, but I couldn't bring myself to look away as a feeling of utter sickness settled in my stomach. Silver Shock was my best friend. Sure, her positivity got on my nerves sometimes, but she was the only other girl I would actually talk to. She understood me, she made me laugh. She was my best friend. She was...gone.

"Jet! We need to go, c'mon, get up!" Fun Ghoul yelled desperately. Jet didn't even look at him, he just stayed beside Silver's body, now completely covered in blood, her once silver hair being stained to a dark crimson. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he shook his head over and over, repeating "Don't leave me, I love you. Please,"

"JET-STAR! Get up! We've got to fight! We've got to go!" Kobra screamed.

This time, Jet looked up at him, his face scarily calm. "I'm not leaving her. She needs me. I can't leave her."

"Jet! There's no use! She's-she's gone!" I yelled.

"I'm not leaving her!" Jet cried, latching himself onto her motionless body.

"I'll be back, I've got to get Jet, he's gonna get himself killed if he doesn't move," Party told me before sprinting over to where Jet and Silver lay. Party anxiously grabbed on to Jet-Star, trying to pull him away, but Jet desperately held on to Silver, refusing to leave. I heard them fighting over the roar of battle, and watched as a drac ran by, his gun outstretched.

I opened my mouth to scream, but was cut off by the shot exiting the dracs barrel, and heading straight into Jet-Star's head. He slumped to the ground, bringing a shocked Party Poison with him. A steady stream of vermillion blood exited the back of Jet's head as he fell, his final expression being one of pain and sorrow.

I screamed. Jet-Star too? They couldn't both be gone. I couldn't lose two of my friends in the same day. I couldn't. Tears filled my eyes as I maliciously grabbed my gun, holding it away from my body as I ran towards the drac responsible for Jet's death. I snuck up behind him and shot him in the head, killing him in the same way that he had murdered Jet-Star.

"Party Poison!" I screamed, as he stood stupefied over Jet's body, his mouth open. "We've got to move!" When he didn't respond, I took it upon myself to go and snap him out of whatever stupor he was in. I came up behind him, and dragged him away from the two bodies. As soon as he looked away, he snapped back into action, running and shooting wildly.

We ran to opposite sides of the room, using vantage points to wipe out numerous dracs and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W until they were mainly gone. Only a handful remained, as well as their leader, Korse.

I breathed a premature sigh of relief. We could win this. It was almost over.

That is, until, a shot echoed across the hall, and everything seemed to move in slow motion. Party Poison screamed my name, and a red carbon shot from Korse's ray gun directly into Party. Time seemed to stand still as it all happened.

Party Poison fell to the floor.

A/N: Do you hate me yet? Don't worry, there's still few more chapters!

This was really hard for me to write since Silver Shock is based off of a really good friend of mine... But she wanted her character to have a tragic death haha.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me through these completely off-schedule updates, I'm trying!

Also, I was being asked about a sequel.  I'm not sure if I will be writing one or not, but you guys will definitely be the first to know if I do.

Thanks for reading, and stay rad!

~S