Epilogue

Song to listen to while reading: Fake Your Death by My Chemical Romance

One Year Later

"Get up!" a voice yelled into my ear as I was jostled awake by a body jumping on top of mine.

"Why the hell are you waking me up this early, Party?" I asked, now annoyed at my lack of sleep.

"Because we're going into Bat City, remember?"

"Ugh, does it have to be this early?" I complained, throwing a pillow at him.

He only laughed at my stubbornness before throwing my pillow back at me. "Yes, it does, silly. It takes a few hours to get through all of the zones, and I know you miss the boys."

"Whatever, give me like ten minutes," I muttered before rolling out of bed, cursing at Party under my breath.

Exactly nine minutes and forty-five seconds later (I had to count-Party would give me hell if I went over ten minutes), I grabbed my old red leather jacket and met Party Poison in front of the diner by my motorcycle, giving him a light kiss before mounting the bike.

"I think I should drive," he said.

"And why is that?"

"It's been a few years...You never let me drive!" he whined, sounding like a little kid.

I rolled my eyes. "And why would I start now?" I laughed. "Get on the back, and hold on, babe,"

"Why do I love you?"

He climbed on the back of the motorcycle and wrapped his arms around my waist, grumbling about how I was a horrible person during the entire ride to Battery City.

We reached the gates of the city a few hours later, and Party Poison was still upset that he wasn't allowed to drive my bike. But honestly, he shouldn't have been surprised; he knew how much I loved that motorcycle.

As we dismounted the bike, a pair of familiar faces walked towards us, smiling and laughing. "Kobra! Ghoul!" I yelled, running towards them and embracing them in a hug. "How are you? I've missed you!"

After the ordeal of Party's "death," and we were all reunited, Ghoul and Kobra had decided to go back to Battery City. They had seen the effort that Killjoys had started to make in order to rebuild the city, and desperately wanted to help. Party and I, however, felt that we had had enough of the city and anything to do with Better Living Industries to last us more than a lifetime. Majority of the Killjoys now  lived in the new Battery City, so we decided to stay in the diner and alone the zones. Who wanted to deal with people anyway? I was never one to be social.

At first, people had been adamant about Party being the new leader.  After all, he had been the leader of the Killjoys when everyone lived in the zones.  But he insisted that his brother and Ghoul would be better for the job, and after a while, stopped being bothered about it.  We then escaped into the zones, and next to no one had heard from us since.

But now, the city was completely up and running, controlled by Killjoys and filled with life and art. Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid had insisted that we come out to see it, and it had been a while since we had seen them, so we agreed.

"C'mon, we'll show you around. There's absolutely no traces if BL/ind left, I'm pretty proud," Ghoul said, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

I took Party Poison's hand and we followed Kobra and Ghoul into the heart of the city.

It seemed like everyone we passed gave us a double take, since neither Party nor I had been seen since the battle against BL/ind. Occasionally the boys would come visit us, but neither of us had any desire to rejoin the "real world." We were like ghosts now to the rest of the Killjoys.

The city was beautiful, I must admit. The formerly black and white landscape was now covered in color and murals, a center for creativity and freedom. Killjoys walked around, laughing and talking, and there was no more stiffness, no more brainwashed zombies.

"Look at all that pain, it's gone now," Party said, a smile gracing his lips.

"I think this is my favorite part of town," Kobra said as we stopped in front of a large skyscraper.

The side of the former corporate building was now brightly colored and had obviously been taken over by a group of Killjoys. It took me a second to realize that this was the same building in which the boys and I had taken down BL/ind in over a year ago. This was where I left Party Poison behind. This was where Jet and Silver had lost their lives.

It took me a few seconds to register what was painted on the side of the building now. "Is that...?"

"Yes, that's you two," Kobra answered, giving us a smirk. "You guys are like heroes out here. Nobody really knew what happened to you, and Ghoul and I didn't want to tell anyone what happened, because we knew you wanted to be alone. But we let a few friends do this, we thought it was fitting after what had happened."

There, on the wall, was a bright mural of Party and I. We were back to back in our old fighting stances, guns outstretched, masks on. It was beautiful. We were surrounded by a hoard of dracs, but had smiles on our faces, our free hands intertwined. The painting depicted a fire in my eyes that was almost exotic, and depicted Party as a fearless soldier. We both looked wild, free, and powerful.

There was something about it that made it seem almost realistic. Was this how others saw us? I guess we were a force to be reckoned with.

"This is beautiful," Party breathed from beside me, and I nodded in agreement, squeezing his hand even tighter. What we had done would be remembered and we were heroes to some people. It was hard to wrap my head around. It was unbelievable.

Soon enough, we had to leave Battery City. With promises to return soon and hugs from the boys, along with some bad innuendos from Ghoul, Party Poison and I returned to our own secluded paradise.

"Remember when you said you loved me and I ran up here to hide?" I laughed, leaning into Party Poison, our legs dangling over the edge of the diner's roof. It was always a favorite spot of ours, and it was where we spent most of our free time. "And then you started that whole cheesy romance movie thing-"

"Are you kidding me? I was so smooth, you loved it," he said, poking my side.

"Whatever helps you fall asleep at night, babe."

"I don't care what you say, I was an amazing flirt. I had you before I was even introduced."

"You do realize I used to hate you?" I remind him with a wink, not letting him get too much of an ego about his 'great' flirting skills. "But honestly, I don't know where I would be without you now. Probably alone in some cave still afraid of people," I laughed. "But hey, I guess I turned out alright, you did detonate me, in a way."

"That's an interesting way to put it, but I can't say I disagree, Toxic. You're so much different now from when I met you, and that's a good thing."

"Are you implying that I was horrible when you met me?"

"Well, um, you intrigued me, but you, um," he stuttered, getting flustered as I laughed.

The sun was now rising over the mountains on the horizon, and I watched as Party failed to stifle a yawn. It had been a long day, and we were both tired and in severe need of sleep. I nuzzled my head into Party's side as he put his arm around me and I closed my eyes, thinking about our future.

We still had so much to do, but it felt like we had had the adventures of a lifetime. We didn't know where we'd end up. We didn't know what would happen next. All we really knew was that we had defeated Better Living Industries. Our pasts were now behind us.  Whatever happened next, we would be together. And we had forever to figure it out.

Detonators (Gerard Way/Party Poison)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें