Chapter 22

Song to listen to while reading: "SING" by My Chemical Romance

Toxic Torrent's POV:

"Of course he would," I muttered as we stormed the hallway after exiting the room that we thought the Happy Pills would be stored in. But of course they wouldn't be where they should've been. This was Korse we were dealing with.

"Of course he would what?" Silver Shock asked from behind me. "I'm confused. Would you mind explaining?"

"I know where the pills are."

"Where?" she continued.

"The room I was kept in. Because where else in here would I be hesitant to enter? Can I please be the one to kill Korse?" I explained as we neared the end of the hallway, where my old room was.

"Yes, you can kill him," Party laughed, and then added on a more serious note, "I don't want you going in there. What if it triggers something and you go back to how you were?"

Instead of trying to argue with him, I punched his arm with enough force to leave a large bruise, and threw open the door.

"Hey!" he yelled as I laughed. "You're so abusive. Why do I love you?"

"I ask myself that every day. Now come on, we're wasting time."

We slowly enter the small room, and I faintly register that my blood still stains the walls. Party Poison gives an audible gasp as he notices, and grabs my hand, his protectiveness kicking in. A flood of memories washes over me. The first time I was brought in here and forced to fight a swarm of dracs. Being beaten to a pulp after being disabled so I'd have no way to fight back.  My screams echoing off of the walls after being led to believe I was the reason for my friends' deaths. The first time I was forced to take the Happy Pills.

I took a deep breath and squeezed Party Poison's hand. I refused to let the memories of the past sidetrack me from what I needed to do.

In the middle of the room are four members of the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W regime, standing in a uniform line. It was obvious that they were protecting the controls to cease the production of the Happy Pills.

I have to admit, I was a bit offended that Korse thought only four S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W would take us down. I mean, we had taken down an entire squadron of them before! That is, until, I realized that these weren't the average soldiers. As soon as we made a move towards them, they immediately sprung into action. They were twice as fast as what we had previously faced, and ten times stronger. With a deadly accurate aim and reflexes faster than lightning, they were ready to kill.

The six of us immediately reacted, and went into our positions. As the five of them fought off the enemy, I ran through towards the controls. "Duck!" I heard Silver yell. I reacted just in time, and the red beam shot right above where my head was. I hit the floor and somersaulted so that I was to the side and out of the way of the battle. Now I just needed to get to the center of it. Wonderful.

I sprinted into the heat of the battle, hastily dodging the multicolored beams of carbons that shot above my head. It suddenly hit me how weird it was that we used carbons as ammunition and money. Now is not the time to be thinking about that! Although that's really weird... I mentally scolded myself, shaking my odd thoughts out of my head and heading back into fighting mode. Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I rolled across the floor, conveniently crashing into a drac and knocking him to the floor, allowing Fun Ghoul to cleanly shoot him in the chest. 1 down, 3 to go.

I crawled across the floor, dodging the dracs and subsequently shooting them in the ankles so that my friends had an advantage, until I finally reached what they were protecting. It was an entire panel of controls, and I wondered why nobody had had Kobra Kid do this-he knew more about it! I mean, the guy had manipulated wavelengths so that Dr. D wouldn't be available anywhere in Bat City, he was a genius! But, nevertheless, I was fairly confident I could do this.

I looked down at the large control panel as the rest of the boys and Silver kept the dracs occupied. There were multiple levers on the sides, surrounding roughly twenty knobs in the middle, and a few switches and buttons thrown in as well. Of course, nothing had labels.

I quickly evaluated the panel, and ruled out any of the knobs being the master control. That would only slow or speed up the process, I deducted. I realized that the levers seemed to add or subtract different substances, and the buttons controlled amount created.

That left me to choose between four different switches, and I had to think quickly. There were four S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, so maybe the fourth switch? I pulled it down, but to no avail. Absolutely nothing happened. "Toxic! Hurry!" I heard Kobra yell from behind me.

"I'm trying!" I screamed, and hurriedly pulled the second lever, praying it would work. Two was random, so maybe there was no method to BL's madness?

My point was proven when a faint red light began to blink. I turned around and grabbed Party's hand. "We need to kill Korse and leave now, it's about to get even worse." Surprisingly, the four S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W were on the floor, dead. I must've been so concentrated on the controls that I didn't even notice that they had killed the rest.

"The pills should stop producing right now, but we need to kill Korse and destroy the recipe to make sure BL is over for good," Jet explained as Party as I led the way down to the first floor where we presumed Korse would be.  Ghoul and Kobra had left to destroy the ingredients for the pills, and would meet the four of us while we took down the other half.

I sped down the stairway, nearly tripping numerous times, and we had finally reached the first floor.  There was only one man standing in between us and the destruction of Better Living Industries.  Soon, things would be back to how they used to be.  Of course, nobody would be able to fully recover, but people would have their personalities back, their lives would no longer be controlled.  Or, we could all die here tonight.  Happy thought, right?

Once we flung the door to the lobby open, we were greeted with a swarm of dracs, S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W regime, and, of course, Korse himself, right in the middle.  It was now or never.  We had to win, there was no second chance for us.

The shots began to fire.

A/N:  Dun, dun, dunnnn! Cliffhanger much?  Sorry!

I'm also sorry that this update is way overdue, but school started and I have a packed schedule, so updates may not be as frequent as usual.

Anyway, hopefully you enjoyed this sort-of filler chapter, because things are going to go down next chapter! Prepare yourselves.

So I will leave you with an amazing joke:  What do you call dangerous precipitation?

A RAIN OF TERROR!!!

I know, I'm lame.  

Stay rad!

-S