Chapter 25

Song to listen to while reading: The Divine Zero by Pierce the Veil

Toxic Torrent's POV:

It was harder to adjust than I could've ever imagined. I spent most of my days locked in Party Poison's old room in a haze of depression.

I was worse than both Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid, to the point where they were constantly hovering over me, making sure that I didn't hurt myself. They had to coax me to eat, to sleep, to do anything really.

I heard them talking about me every day. "We've got to do something, she's wasting away in there, and I'm getting worried."

"She's finally broke, and I don't know what to do. I can handle her when she's murderous and angry. Hell, I could help her when she had no recollection of who she was! But this? I just don't know what to do anymore, she's so sad, and I don't know how to make her happy again."

They would try to comfort me, telling me crap like I wasn't alone, and that I would be okay. But didn't they understand? I was alone, and nothing would be alright.

Sure, I may have been being overdramatic, but I was so closed off before I met these boys. They brought me out of my shell, and Party Poison was the detonator to my explosive personality. With him, Jet, and Silver gone, what was left?

I started to become closed off again, mistrusting. Why love anyone if they were just going to leave me or be taken away in the end? I was back to my old ways. Alone. But this time I was afraid. Afraid of myself and my past.

"You can't keep doing this, baby," he said, pushing a stray lock of hair behind my ear. The redheaded boy sat opposite of me on our bed, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, giving my hand a tight squeeze.

"B-but you left," I responded in a small voice.

"No I didn't, silly. I could never leave you. I think you're just exhausted. It's been a long few days."

"Wait, you're really here? This isn't just a dream?" I questioned excitedly, hope filling my voice.

"Of course," he said slowly, like he was explaining it to a child. "We got back from the battle a week ago. You had some injuries and were out for a few days. You woke up yesterday. Honestly Tox, we've been over this about five times today," he gave a small laugh before kissing my cheek.

I grabbed his face in my hands, and kissed him sweetly, his taste of coffee filling my mouth. He smiled into the kiss before deepening it, and I twisted my fingers in his bright hair. "I missed you," I said into the kiss.

All too soon, he pulled away. "You need rest, Toxic," he giggled like a little boy. He cupped my face in his hand, giving me a sweet kiss on the forehead before he dissolved into a thousand pieces.

I was f***ing insane. Completely, utterly insane. It wasn't normal to have hallucinations of your dead boyfriend a month after he died. That wasn't right, there was no help for me now.

Insane. It was a miracle Ghoul and Kobra even kept me around anymore. Why didn't they just throw me out? It's what I deserved. I got their best friends killed. How could anyone stand me? I sure as hell couldn't.

Someone gently knocked on the door. "Toxic? Can I come in?" Kobra said softly from the other side. Speak of the devil.

"You know, I was always the better looking brother," Party Poison said from across the room, giving me his signature smirk.

"Really Party, this is getting tiring. I can't keep doing this. Just-just leave."

"Whatever, Tox. I'll see you in a little bit!" And then he was gone once again.