Chapter 20

Song to listen to while reading: Straw Dog by Something Corporate

Toxic Torrent's POV:

"So, Charming," I said, walking into the diner and using the nickname that Party hated. "when are we you taking me on that romantic date to destroy BL/ind?"  

It was roughly five months after our 'sing-along' to The Only Hope for Me Is You in the diner, and I was almost what the boys had begun to refer to as 'normal.'  Meaning that I had pretty much remembered everything important that had happened in my life before I was taken, and was back to my sarcastic, annoying self.  

Over the months, I had found a confident in none other than Kobra Kid.  We had been friends before, but were now closer than ever, and I had found that I was one of the few people able to make him truly laugh and smile, mainly because I discovered his love of horrible jokes, which I shared. 

"Okay, I've got a good one!" I said in between a fit of giggles.

"Go," Kobra encouraged, giving me a smile.

"What do you call dangerous precipitation?"

He thought for a second before answering, "What?"

"A rain of terror!"  I exclaimed before giggling.  Kobra gave me a look of sheer disappointment before erupting into laughter and putting his head down on the table.

"Well, that was good, I guess. But it wasn't as good as when the photon checked into the hotel. When he was asked if he needed any help with his luggage, he replied 'No thanks, I traveling light.'"

"No!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air through fits of giggles.  "That's horrible!  Absolutely horrible!"  That was another thing I loved about Kobra Kid, we were both nerds before the chaos, and shared a geeky sense of humor.

"You mean amazing, right, Tox?"

"Sure. But what kind of shoes do ninjas wear?"

"Sneakers.  Everyone knows that one!"  Kobra yelled, laughing as he rolled his eyes.

Ghoul and I had a love-hate relationship filled with banter and teasing, mainly due to the fact that we were both extremely stubborn.  Most of it was because I was quite good with cars, and he didn't want to admit I was a better mechanic than he was. But somehow we always ended up in the garage together, working on the trans-am and my motorcycle.

"But what if we opened up the top of the trans-am, and created a sunroof?"  I suggested as we looked over a sketch for the car's new paint job.

"Why on Earth would we need a sunroof?  Have you realized that we are in the middle of a desert, Toxic Torrent?"

"Really, Ghoul?  I would've never have guessed."

"It's already practically a thousand degrees outside, why do we want a sunroof? So the sun can beat on us even more?"

"Obviously, you idiot!"

"Whoa there," Party said in a fake authoritative tone as he strolled into the garage. "I heard screaming again.  Are you kids fighting nicely?"

Ghoul and I rolled our eyes before reluctantly hugging-it was the only way we could get Party Poison to leave us alone.  After Party left, however, our debate only continued.

"It's stupid!  This car is designed for durability and strength, not fashion and sunbathing!"  The small man screamed.  For having such a tiny body, he sure did have a loud voice.